No announcement yet.

Whoops! US posts Iraqi nuke docs on web, may have helped Iran build bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading the replies in this thread, I'd like to point out the following part of the article since nobody appears to have recognized it:

[US government website] contain charts, diagrams, equations and lengthy narratives about bomb building that the nuclear experts say go beyond what is available elsewhere on the Internet and in other public forums...
    Now if we want to know if this does mean anything, it's vital for us to know who exactly are "nuclear experts". I'd like to see some names I can trust who have reviewed the data: When employees of large media companies use the term "expert", it usually means a guy who makes a living out of bull****ting stupid journalists live on TV while looking important and wearing a $2000 suit, not out of knowing their field of "expertise" as titled in the interview.

Comment

Really long homosexual-naked-scientist-man-butt-sex-train.
      QFT.

And let's not forget, the scientists are always after technologies of power. I mean, all these tools, they usually have always military applications first, because they are useful in fighting wars in which the goal is to dominate your opponent into submission.

I think I don't need to explain the gay connotations of the words dominance or submission. Or shows like Extreme Engineering? The biggest and the most powerful tools?

It is quite obvious. They truly are the gay illuminati, going after world dominance. They have already created a parallel gay societies around the world, but they want to lift that alternative society into the mainstream, which we see happening now. After that becomes the stage where it is the _only_ society. And we are forced to take it up the pooper 24/7 like the dogs of Pavlov. When you hear the whistle, your cheeks will spread for the scientist to satisfy their sick fantasies.

I vote no.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka

Here is an example of the things scientists build:

I don't think I need to explain what these symbolize.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This would just be the latest in a series of bipartisan attempts to help Iran get the bomb via our own incompetence and not even close to being the worst...

KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You know... the Iranian people have every right to be pissed off at us. And they certainly have cause to want a nuclear weapon to deter anyone from taking military action against them (namely the US).

If the situation was reversed... if Iran killed one of our leaders in the 50's and installed a brutal dictator, then we finally overthrew him only to have him be replaced by a fundamentalist government... well, I think as an American, I would be pretty pissed off at Iran.

I think I would want to nuke them.

I'm just saying...

Maybe we should leave them alone. It just seems like everything we touch turns to ****.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Okay ... anyone who can't figure out the 'how' of building an atomic bomb is a complete AND total moron. (Well, anyone with the right sort of physics degree anyway).
              Thank you.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Of course Iran is pissed off and it has every reason to be so. And every other country as well with no nukes. It's a clear case of doublestandards, by the nuclear states.

But then again, it's a kind of doublestandard that might be better than the alternative, where everyone tries to get some.

I would like to see this trend stop, and another trend to start, where nuclear states actually destroy some of those supplies. I mean, why would you need a capability to destroy the whole world 39824 times?
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

What we need is a gool old-fashioned melt down.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    What we need is a gool old-fashioned melt down.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ok. What's that?

Comment

You do know according to my prophecy Iran is going to nuke the USA and Israel........

Comment

Do you have any further specifics?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Ok. What's that?
                            Virgin Mary grilled cheese
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Here's the NYT article...

And here's an interesting paragraph...

Among the dozens of documents in English were Iraqi reports written in the 1990s and in 2002 for United Nations inspectors in charge of making sure Iraq had abandoned its unconventional arms programs after the Persian Gulf war. Experts say that at the time, Mr. Hussein’s scientists were on the verge of building an atom bomb, as little as a year away.

Did I just read that right? That has to be a mistake. There's no way the New York Times would actually make a claim like that...

Of course what time is being referred to by "at the time" is unclear, so maybe the folks at the NYT haven't lost their minds.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Like maybe we're not on the "need to know list"?
                                Do you really think all this effort is being done for nothing? Do you really think Bush, AND Blair, have taken this heat merely because they're stupid?
                                Personally, I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X