No announcement yet.

What's the point of halloween again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. When we were out last night somebody pointed at a chubby girl wearing hot pants and asked "what's she supposed to be?"

At the same instant I said "Captain Cellulite" somebody else said "a woman without a mirror"

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      I think next year I'm going trick or treating by myself and see if people give me candy. There were adults trick or treating, but they were with their kids, so I gave them candy.

but would people give a 34 year old man candy who is trick or treating by himself?
      If a 34 year old showed up on my doorstep, I'd give him or her candy depending on how good their costume was.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        Hallowe'en is an excuse for girls to dress sluttier than on any other day of the year. Duh. What the **** is your problem with that, Dis?
        you're right. What was I thinking. I just feel bad looking at underage girls. Won't happen again.

Comment

Halloween

I French Maid costumes.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Hallowe'en is an excuse for girls to dress sluttier than on any other day of the year. Duh. What the **** is your problem with that, Dis?
            QFT.

I saw a beautiful mulato disguised as a sexy nurse, with white garther belts... That's the point of halloween.

That and kids having fun.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Especially back in the days that vampirella sp? was a popular costume for naughty girls.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So which countries do celebrate Halloween the American way?

Do they celebrate Carneval in the UK? I thought that it was largely a continental tradition.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Halloween is a great holiday . Dressing up in costumes, many of which celebrate 'dark' things... oh and women in slutty costumes! Now to make a federal holiday so I can get off work .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Can we have some of your holidays? Especially the ones where you take the day+ off from work.
                    The only one we have off are xmas, otherwise you get paid time and a half and a day in lieu, for some places this is only if it is your normally rostered day on.

As far as our public holidays we have, New Years and the day after, Waitangi Day, Queen's B'day, Labour Weekend and then Xmas and Boxing Day iirc.

Comment

Wutang Day!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        So which countries do celebrate Halloween the American way?
                        To the extent it's celebrated in Sweden, it's entirely à la américaine. Count one for American cultural imperialism.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                        X