Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yea, cause Houston totally snapped up Reggie Bush last year.

And also, for the moment at least, Detroit owns exclusive rights to the worst team in the NFL title. Of course we'll still screw it up, like last year, and win just enough for us to lose some really good picks in the draft.

But I dunno if we need any flashy RB or QB or WR players. So it'd probably be better if we trade down to build our line or something.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Last year they didn't know that their medical staff had permanently ****ed up Domanick Davis's knee.

Another good possibility is Green Bay. Ahman Green is on his last legs.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
        And also, for the moment at least, Detroit owns exclusive rights to the worst team in the NFL title. Of course we'll still screw it up, like last year, and win just enough for us to lose some really good picks in the draft.

But I dunno if we need any flashy RB or QB or WR players. So it'd probably be better if we trade down to build our line or something.
        Detroit needs a complement to Roy Williams at WR. They should use their first rounder on Calvin Johnson, receiver, Georgia Tech.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• PLEASE tell me that was a troll...

If the Lions spend ANOTHER first rounder on a WR, the fans may just burn down the stadium, using Matt Millen for tinder.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If OSU wins the national championship michigan's revenge can be making troy smith play there.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Detroit owns exclusive rights to the worst team in the NFL title.

*cough* Arizona Cardinals

The Cardinals over the past few years have drafted and bought some of the best skill position players anyone could have gotten, but in the process managed to forget that you need an offensive line to block all those mean people that are about to tackle your skill players within 0.5 seconds of the snapping of the ball.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well now, some are calling the Chicago-New England game this Sunday a Superbowl Preview. Could be.

It looks like Chicago is heading for another bye-week followed by a home game during the playoffs. They have not won one of these games since their Superbowl year. There is something about the bye-week that gets a team rusty considering that most teams, like the Bears did again last year, also take off the last game of the year as well by fielding only their second string players.

While in most years, this takes the edge off a team, last year this was a bigger mistake than ever. Grossman really needed that last game to tune up, as he had not played a complete game the whole year due to his preseason injury.

The Bears could wrap up home field advantage this year sufficiently early to take two games off at the end of the year. I hope they don't. I hope they have learned something from their past playoff busts and play their starters at least half the game, if not more, at the end of the season to keep themselves sharp.

New England has made the Superbowl when they got hot at the end of the year and closed it out on a strong note of many consecutive victories. No playing of the second string at the end of the year for New England that I can recall. But, given their relatively poor record, they may have to play either Indy or San Diego on the road to win a trip to the Superbowl. Good luck.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                  Those Cowboys are looking VERY good.

How do you think they'd do in Chicago late January?
                  Not so good -5 degrees F is a bit cold for them
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Detroit owns exclusive rights to the worst team in the NFL title.

*cough* Arizona Cardinals
                    He said "for the moment." Didn't AZ just lose the tiebreaker for first overall pick by beating Detroit?
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Check the standings.

If Arizona is determined to draft a lineman, it won't be with the first pick.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Check the standings.

If Arizona is determined to draft a lineman, it won't be with the first pick.
                        I presume you're agreeing that AZ isn't currently in line for the #1 pick?

And, they'd be well suited to pick linemen with all seven picks (or however many they have this year) ... or maybe pay someone to block for them ...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• No, they're not positioned to take the number 1 pick.

As far as Arizona taking a lineman, if it were me, I would trade down and take a lineman at that point.
                          I don't believe in taking a lineman in 1st 10 picks, no matter who they are.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon

He said "for the moment." Didn't AZ just lose the tiebreaker for first overall pick by beating Detroit?
                            Plus since Arizona hasn't played this week yet, Detroit is 2-9 and AZ is 2-8, so Detroit has the worst record.

So yea, for the moment Detroit is unquestionably the worst team in the NFL. And as I pessimistically stated, they'll probably win just enough games to deny themselves a good pick. Proving that they can't even lose right.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Sloww, the first 10 picks is where all the Hall of Fame linemen come from. Orlando Pace was taken first overall. Jon Ogden, Walter Jones, and Willie Roaf were also top ten picks.

Comment

• HOF picks are not all Top 10. Not lineman, not RB, not nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X