Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into the game, I had a feeling that the Bears would blow out the Giants. But the way the game started with Rex throwing interceptions and the Giants driving easily down the field suggested that the we would be seeing another Arizona or Miami. But that draw play where Jones ran for a first down truly transformed the Bear offense. Suddenly, they could not be stopped and Rex was perfect. In the end, the Bears did blow out the Giants, but clearly not in the way I thought they would.

So the job the Bear coaching staff has is to fix that Bear offense so that it is much more reliable. I don't have a real good feel for what this might be, but it does seem to have something to do with a strong running attack.

They also have to get better at stopping the run. For most of the game, the Giants ran the ball on the Bears with far to much ease.

But, beyond that, I think the Bears are the clear favorites to win the NFC. They have beaten the two other division leaders convincingly. The only question is whether they can beat quality AFC teams. The Miami game bodes ill in this regard as that team might be one of the worst AFC teams and it beat the mighty Bears and it wasn't even close.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• We'll have a better idea in 2 weeks.

I might point out that Miami beat another decent team (KC) Sunday, so they are not as bad as their record might suggest. And the Jets beat New England, so there's a parity thing going on, even in the AFC.

Oh, and thanks for the props, Tuber...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• New York Giants kicker Jay Feely (2) sits on the field after Chicago Bears' Devin Hester ran back Feeley's missed field goal attempt for a fourth quarter touchdown to seal the Bears 38-20 win over the New York Giants in their football game at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., Sunday, Nov. 12, 2006.
        Attached Files
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Who deserves the Bear game ball?

Not Rex.

Not Moose.

Not Jones.

Not Urlacher.

Not Alex Brown.

Not Hester.

The key came from the offensive line taking over the game. And who is the leader of the Bears offensive line?

Game ball to Olin Kreutz.
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            I might point out that Miami beat another decent team (KC) Sunday, so they are not as bad as their record might suggest. And the Jets beat New England, so there's a parity thing going on, even in the AFC.
            KC's better at home. I was a bit surprised Miami had them shut out till the 4th Q, but though the Chiefs got 10, they fell short. Still doesn't mean that Miami is any good. Harrington could go back to throwing INTs.

Jets winning on the road is more surprising.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Testaverde is back!!

Vinny Testaverde, who came out of retirement last season to help out the New York Jets, was signed on Tuesday by New England.

Comment

• Vinnie
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

NFL Power Rankings Week 10

1. Colts
                  2. Broncos
                  3. Chargers
                  4. Bears
                  5. Ravens
                  6. Giants
                  7. Patriots
                  8. Seahawks
                  9. Saints
                  10. Cowboys
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The Giants get trashed by 18 at home, have 5-7 starters injured, and they're still #6??

Wonder where they'd be if they'd won?
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Bears pound the crap out of the Giants on the road by 18 and drops 2 spots?

Believe it or not, but this power ranking thing is more crap than the BSC.

Comment

• I have a feeling that if the Bears were matched against the Colts on a even field that they would be favored to win by as much as a touchdown. So much for power rankings.
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I very much doubt that. Rex's uneven performances and the Bears' lack of big game experience would not play well with the oddsmakers.

In addition, it's important to remember that point spreads are not based on the relative actual strengths of the teams involved, but rather the way those strengths are perceived by the betting public. The line would be based on how much action it would generate -- preferably the same amount in support of each team.

Chicago -7 would not do that IMHO.

If you're talking about the actual (theoretical) game result, well, carry on...

Comment

• I still cant make picks for Lombardi at CBS, the page just keeps reloading. Anyone else having trouble there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                              I still cant make picks for Lombardi at CBS, the page just keeps reloading. Anyone else having trouble there?
                              Loads for me np.

D

Comment

• I was first one.

Surprises me that all these columnists are writing about maybe Cowboys knocking off Indy. I don't see it.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X