Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity? More like Constantinianity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ thread
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

If someone posts something anti jewish on a saturday, can jews defend themselves or they have to wait till sunday to refute the thread?
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
        If someone posts something anti jewish on a saturday, can jews defend themselves or they have to wait till sunday to refute the thread?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Christianity? More like Constantinianity...

Originally posted by MOBIUS
          C'mon, admit it. If it weren't for a bloodthirsty, brutal and ambitious Roman - Christianity would still be some minor backwater of a religion...

The only reasons these religions come to the fore is through the strength of their sponsors, not through the power of 'god'...

Islam isn't so widespread because of Allah - it's just that Mohamed was good at beating people up.

A bit like why Microsoft has a better market share than Apple...
          1) Christianity was already widely spreaded in eastern quaters of Empire

2) Christianity spread wide beyond eastern boarders of Empire - it reached China, for example, became majorly religion in Mesopotamia, Caucasus, parts of Mongolia and elsewhere, one persian shah was close to converting (what is said to have stopped him was actually violence by some Christians who burned a pagan temple), it became the official religion of Armenia before RE. And of Osroene, if You believe Legend of St Abgar

3) Constantine didn't force anyone to convert, intolerance started much later, especially since Theodosius. It's a silly, typical mistake
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

and another one bites the dust...

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Just found this:

This seems to be some sort of new Catholic order dedicated to recruit and prepare christian warmachines:

We seek young men from any walks of life to be Christian Soldiers. There is equal need for experienced military and protective services men, active duty or retired, to volunteer to educate our recruits in the martial arts, weapons, reconnaisance, field medicine, communications, protective service, and a dozen other specialties.
              Herre you can see the basic requeriments and such:

* High moral character and superior physical health
              * Eagerness for intense training and challenges
              * Free from obligation to any other order or society
              * Unmarried and without dependent children
              * Baptized, confirmed males / Early military age
              So Swiss guard is not enough anymore?
              Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

It doesn't exist yet.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgal
                  Just found this:

This seems to be some sort of new Catholic order dedicated to recruit and prepare christian warmachines:

Herre you can see the basic requeriments and such:

So Swiss guard is not enough anymore?
                  It's Opus Dei! Didn't you see The DaVinci Code ? They have trained assassin units ready to wipe out anyone who threatens the Church.

Actually I've heard that after the opening of the movie there really was a surge in inquiries about joining Opus Dei.

Golly, why couldn't Anglicans have cool units of psychotic assassins?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Back to important things

My favorite pizza is mow a steak mushroom melt type-- Its delic-- while Mrs Flubber goes for a chicken type with a jalepeno sauce (actually pretty mild) and some red peppers and tomato
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Religion ??

I can't talk about it now. Monday is the most holy day of the Flubberite order
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                      X