No announcement yet.

Deciphering personalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who invited him to the party? we should shun people that make terrible holocaust jokes!

seriosuly though, this guy is just clueless and you getting upset because it was directed towards your wife's culture is sad. you should have done it if he was making jokes about albertans.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Different story then... this isn't what the OP suggests though.
      Rereading, I see that. Sorry for giving the wrong impression.

He probably got 1 or 2 free passes before people started to tell him off. I wasn't in there, so I don't know, but that's generally how hose things go.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        Ah, a classic. I don't approve of the "while shooting Jews" addition to the punchline, though; unnecessary and too obviously offensive. The basic "He fell out of the tower." is all you need...
        werd
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          who invited him to the party? we should shun people that make terrible holocaust jokes!

seriosuly though, this guy is just clueless and you getting upset because it was directed towards your wife's culture is sad. you should have done it if he was making jokes about albertans.
          My wife is not "culturally" Jewish. She is half Jewish, but was raised a Christian and doesn't even really know her Jewish father.

She might well have gotten just as upset if it had been, say, jokes about the Rwandan genocide.

And I wasn't pissed because the kid was joking about gassing Jews. I was pissed because my wife was crying. Please refer back to Rule Number 1:

Don't make my wife cry or else I will hurt you
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            Ohh, Sloww. If only you weren't on KH's ignore list
            He follows me around and takes shots at me even though he knows I don't read them?

Sad.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's your fault. Poor KH.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

My wife is not "culturally" Jewish. She is half Jewish, but was raised a Christian and doesn't even really know her Jewish father.

She might well have gotten just as upset if it had been, say, jokes about the Rwandan genocide.

And I wasn't pissed because the kid was joking about gassing Jews. I was pissed because my wife was crying. Please refer back to Rule Number 1:

Don't make my wife cry or else I will hurt you
                I hate that rule!
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

SlowwHand

06-11-2006 17:02 This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                  X