No announcement yet.

Deciphering personalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard this joke a million times. So I wouldn't draw any conclusions.

I don't think there's a single subject that can't be turned into jokes, even cruel ones.

Then again, it does not exclude this douchebag being a dick anyway on top of this.

But this alone, I wouldn't even try to draw conclusions. If you start to wonder if someone is a racist, you'll see them as racist. Even just a little bit.

And we are ALL a little bit racist.

From what it sounds like, he's just a dick.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      "my grandfather died at Auschwitz. He fell off the tower while shooting Jews".

Ah, a classic. I don't approve of the "while shooting Jews" addition to the punchline, though; unnecessary and too obviously offensive. The basic "He fell out of the tower." is all you need...
      Hey, Ken Livingstone would probably use that in polite company without batting an eyelid
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Livingstone is a left-wing European, so it's ok if he hates Jews. In fact, it's probably expected...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Sounds like he was desperately trying to gather attention he so sorely lacks in his social life by trying to make crappy and offensive jokes.

Comment

I had never heard of it before

he would have made me uncomfortable

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              Livingstone is a left-wing European, so it's ok if he hates Jews. In fact, it's probably expected...
              Riiight...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I say a.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Sorry, Kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Sounds like someone who does has social problems - obviously the misplaced arrogance may indicate he doesn't know how to talk about himself without sounding like an arsehole. And as for the antisemitism business, a case of not knowing limits. Sounds more like some form of autism than anything malevolent.
                    Spoken by one who knows
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

At the risk of pissing every one off here im gonna say this cause this is KH we are talking about.. King of the asshles he claims, and he is insulted all of a sudden??, or has it come to the fact that something hit his home???? I dont agree with what the guy did or said but im at a loss to as why all of a sudden KH is mad after all he does the same with no care to anyone else doesnt he?
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Re: Deciphering personalities

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        There's a kid in my department (a couple of years lower on the food chain than me) who's a bit of a weirdo. I've never really liked him all that much, but I didn't actively dislike him. He wears all black all the time, he's very awkward socially and, unforgivably, he's arrogant when he has no right to be (I'm arrogant, but I back my **** up; he doesn't know **** about the stuff he talks about). Possibly, but not necessarily relevant, he has some sort of German ancestry (but is at least 3rd generation US).

We're at a party at a friend's house last Saturday. Me and a couple of the guys are outside drinking while all the girls (including my wife) and some guys (including Mr. Douchebag) are inside playing some party games.

Apparently what's going on inside is that douche is making antisemitic comments. Not "you know, I knew a Jew who was so tight that..." type comments either. He was making holocaust "jokes". The only example I heard after was that he claimed "my grandfather died at Auschwitz. He fell off the tower while shooting Jews". Now, my wife (who's half Jewish and can take a joke) sits through this **** for about 10 minutes before she calls him an ******* and runs out of the room crying (coming to see me). The person whose house it is ejects the douche and the other person whose house it is wraps herself around me to stop me from shoving this idiot's teeth down his throat.

The next day he writes an apology email claiming that it was all a joke etc. etc.

Now, my question is, is this guy:

a) Just a dick who doesn't understand how far is too far to take a joke, and who simply chose the holocaust as a "shocking" subject

b) A slightly racist dick who couches his antisemitism in "jokes"

c) A slightly racist dick + Columbine waiting to happen

d) A full blown HJer

I keep vacillating between a, b and c

We're not suppose to find anything offensive anymore lest you want to be mislabeled a PC nut.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Sorry it happened to your wife KH, maybe now you'll learn to respect other people, but I rather doubt it.

Insults are fine as long as they aren't directed at your wife, right?

The guys comments were stupid and possibly racist but only an indirect insult to your wife, get over it.

I even know exactly how you will react to this post, suprise me, I dare ya.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue

Spoken by one who knows
                            Yes, I knew you for a while...that gave me a fantastic frame of reference.
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                              At the risk of pissing every one off here im gonna say this cause this is KH we are talking about.. King of the asshles he claims, and he is insulted all of a sudden??, or has it come to the fact that something hit his home???? I dont agree with what the guy did or said but im at a loss to as why all of a sudden KH is mad after all he does the same with no care to anyone else doesnt he?
                              Did you miss the part where I wasn't in the room?

Thanks for playing, though.

Rule number 1: you make my wife cry, you run the risk of losing some teeth.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                                Sorry it happened to your wife KH, maybe now you'll learn to respect other people, but I rather doubt it.
                                I give respect to those who deserve it.

When you can't follow a simple train of logic but continue to presume that your "opinion" is as valid as anybody else's then I'm going to feel free to tell you where you can stick it.

And I'm not looking for sympathy.

This isn't keeping me up at nights.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X