Deciphering personalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a) or maybe c). My dad (a Jew) occasionally makes holocaust jokes

I hate holocaust jokes. I also hate myself when I make them.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Who cares, kick his ass.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

WV incest and holocaust jokes are in a whole different league.

If he'd been making "cheap Jew" jokes then I might still think he was a bit of a dick, but it wouldn't have gone as far as it did.

He'd had enough to drink that he could be given some leeway, but not that much.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Az
          I hate holocaust jokes. I also hate myself when I make them.

I've honestly never made a holocaust joke. Too far for me.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
            Who cares, kick his ass.

Spec.
            There were about 30 seconds there where I really wanted to. I'm half glad that girl got in my way, and half pissed she did.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

a + b and therefore, c.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sounds like someone who does has social problems - obviously the misplaced arrogance may indicate he doesn't know how to talk about himself without sounding like an arsehole. And as for the antisemitism business, a case of not knowing limits. Sounds more like some form of autism than anything malevolent.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

a+b:

Go talk to him, in front of him....

You'll know when you'll have him in front of you.
                  bleh

Comment

So a + b=C

KH should understand that.

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Meh. You can be socially inept and manage to be a douche but not a holocaust joke-telling douche.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                        a+b:

Go talk to him, in front of him....

You'll know when you'll have him in front of you.
                        Make sure there are no witnesses. Wear gloves.

-Arrian

Comment

What a fool for apologising - otherwise he sounds fine.
                          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Meh, he probably didn't mean anything bad with it. If he really were anti-semite, he'd probably rant as well.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Maybe you could sneak into his room/flat to see if he's got any armaments. Just to make sure.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

"my grandfather died at Auschwitz. He fell off the tower while shooting Jews".

Ah, a classic. I don't approve of the "while shooting Jews" addition to the punchline, though; unnecessary and too obviously offensive. The basic "He fell out of the tower." is all you need...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X