No announcement yet.

Rick Santorum, Senator from the Shire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect if Stephen Colbert had made the same comment, people would be licking his rear end about how amazing it was...
    And Colbert did

[media id=16392]-WMP [media id=16393]-QT A few days ago, Rick Santorum tried to draw a parallel between J.R.R Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and t
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

You are not allowed to agree with me.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

There must be penance for this
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My god I hope Santorum doesnt get re-elected.. There was a televised debate here in Pittsburgh the other day where he got nose-to-nose with his opponent and started shouting at him to look in the camera and admit something that was trivial.. the opponent missed a vote or something.. I really hate that candidates make that type of thing a part of their campaign because they know there is a segment of voters who base their decision on such facile displays of aggression.. If this country spent more on education there would come a day when that sort of crap would not fly in political campaigns.

We dont need anymore hard-line ultra conservatives in Congress. We need more socially-conservative economic liberals like Bob Casey. I hope all Pennsylvania Apolytoners will join me in voting Casey into office!

Comment

No, we need more socially liberal, economic conservatives in Congress .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran speaks truth. It won't happen. It's not politically expedient to be fiscally responsible.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I think we need more politicians who are not crazy, stupid, ineffectual or corrupt, regardless of political orientation. But now I'm just dreaming...
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  Imran speaks truth. It won't happen. It's not politically expedient to be fiscally responsible.

-Arrian
                  Being fiscally responsible does not an economic conservative make.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yes, you are. Or you're creating a recipe for a takeover by sane, smart, effective, morally pure... evil.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      No, we need more socially liberal, economic conservatives in Congress .
                      They are called Libertarians. These folks are also in favor of being fiscally responsible. Bob Casey is a Republican in Democratic disguise. Because he is running against a foolish nutjob, he would get my support. But he's no Democrat and he is not a social liberal or an economic conservative.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                      X