Rick Santorum, Senator from the Shire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Santorum, Senator from the Shire

No WMD, no Saddam-Al Qaeda conection, no grateful liberated masses . . . but now the true reason for the war in Iraq can finally be revealed!

"As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else," Santorum told the Bucks County Courier Times. "It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S. You know what? I want to keep it on Iraq. I don't want the Eye to come back here to the United States."

Less than three weeks until he's voted out of office. Man, I can't wait. I only hope his farewell isn't as interminable as the last reel of Return of the King.

(But for those who remember the poll...no, I'm not going to vote against him twice).
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I saw this on the Colbert Report. Also, I believe there are some good Keith Olberman clips on YouTube where he just runs this guy into the ground for "finding WMDs" in Iraq....which turned out to be just mustard gas canisters from the Iran - Iraq war long ago.

Comment

hey Eroberer, long time no see...weren't we tribalists?

Comment

Damn, it's worth re-electing him just for the entertainment value.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

"As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else," Santorum told the Bucks County Courier Times. "It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S. You know what? I want to keep it on Iraq. I don't want the Eye to come back here to the United States."
            In the book, the Eye is being attracted away from Mordor, and towards Gondor. By this metaphor, Santorum is saying that Mordor is America and Gondor is Iraq.

Rick Santorum hates America!
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

What about the Ents?
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                What about the Ents?
                Since America is Mordor, Britain must be Isengard, our ally. The Ents attack Isengard, so by Santorum's analogy the Ents are Britain's radical Muslims and the London bombers.

Rick Santorum hates Britain!
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

How did this clown get elected in the first place?
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Who are the Roheam? I'm confused since Rohan was only invaded by Isengard (England).
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Sierra Leone?
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Gandalfs strategy was to use the war on the Plains of Pelennor to distract from a secret mission into Saurons turf, Mordor. Obviously then, if Baghdad is Minis Tirith, then Iraq is Gondor, fighting off the evil hordes of Al Q - Sauron. Saddam was Denethor, nominally anti Sauron, but finally went loonie. The restored king is the democracy to come in Iraq, but the current Iraqi govt is the confused governing situation in Minis Tirith right after the Battle of the Pelenor fields, with Imrahil and others running things. The US obviously is Rohan, which came to Gondors aid, after having been attacked itself in "The Two Towers"

The Hobbits are a little known and lesser ally. who usually live peacefully by themselves.

Senator Santorum has obviously just blown a Canadian covert op against OBL in Pakistan. Shame on you, Sen Santorum!
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Actually, it was the march on the Black Gate (Morannon) that was the decoy. The battle of Pellanor fields was of Sauron's choosing, albeit rushed due to Aragorn revealing himself in the Palantir.

*ahem*

Not a bad attempt at it, LotM.

I see the "moths to a flame" theory is being trotted out by the Repubs.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

In the book, the Eye is being attracted away from Mordor, and towards Gondor. By this metaphor, Santorum is saying that Mordor is America and Gondor is Iraq.

Rick Santorum hates America!
                            [Geek mode]

Actually no, the plan was to draw Mordor forces to the Black Gate not Gondor. Thus allowing teh gay hobbits to destroy teh ring.

In this analogy, Iraq are the lands previously held by Mordor (Just outside the black gate) not Gondor proper. Gondorian/Rohirim invaders obviously are the American/alliance forces and Mordor/Haradrim axis forces obviously the contemporary forces of Islamic Terrorism.

Now who in this anaology are teh gay hobbits? and what is teh ring? Do we have Richard Simmons poised in a elven burka about to destroy The Black Stone of Kaba?

[/Geek mode]

edit- Damn xposting with other Geeks.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I hope they have issued Anti-Ringwraith missiles to the troops stationed in Iraq.
                              They might need them
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X