Rick Santorum, Senator from the Shire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian
    Actually, it was the march on the Black Gate (Morannon) that was the decoy. The battle of Pellanor fields was of Sauron's choosing, albeit rushed due to Aragorn revealing himself in the Palantir.
    yeah, but that ruins my Imrahil=Nour Al Maliki analogy.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Ogie's closer. Though he's got problems with the Hobbits/ring at the end. Agreed "coalition" forces = Gondor/Rohan, check. Islamic terror (Islamofacism, no less!) = Mordor, check.

Isenguard... clearly France. Stabbed in the back!

The Dwarves... Israel? LOL JOOZ LOVE GEMS LOL

Hobbits... I like your version - Canada.

Teh Ring = Twisted religious teaching of hate and death.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Actually the question of whether dwarves are modelled on Jews has come up in the Tolkien geek community, along with the question of whether JRRT was antisemitic. Turns out he was actually more of a Judeophile.

More like the Noldor are the Jews, in some senses. Exiled for their sins, making aliyah back to Elvenhome, etc.

Is Gollum a Golem? Is Iluvatar, El - the father?

Or the Numenoreans. Two kingdoms, one in the north, one in the south (though they should have been united). The Davidic lines (oops, the heirs of Elendil) falls from power in the Northern kingdom first, but eventually fails in in the South as well. The lineage is maintained but hidden. "the return of the king" is not looked for, but will mean the end of history. Aragorn is moshiach. Only thing he doesnt do is wake the dead.

"not all those who wander are lost"
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The Noldor were certainly enamored of gems and were really into metalworking and such. They were also around forever, wandered as exiles and were rather consistently and brutally persecuted by the dark powers... with a separate covenant with God than the humans have... and vaguely jealous of it occasionally (and vice-versa). Hrm.

As for the Numenoreans... nah, the messianic stuff is as Christian as Jewish (clearly, it's from the same root tradition, no?). Although I admit I'm not familiar with the parallel between the lines of David & Elendil.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ogie's closer. Though he's got problems with the Hobbits/ring at the end. Agreed "coalition" forces = Gondor/Rohan, check. Islamic terror (Islamofacism, no less!) = Mordor, check.

Isenguard... clearly France. Stabbed in the back!

Hobbits... I like your version - Canada.

-Arrian
            Allright then it has to be Canadian gays looking to destroy the Black Rock. Speaking of which where is Asher?
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Programming the robot that will nuke the Rock from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

-Arrian

Comment

Never mind I see Asher over inthe IE thread talking about his precioussss Windows operating systems again.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

The ring is obviously Fossil Oil. Everybody wants it but it corrupts. Especially people from Gondor (=America) are likely to succumb.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Ah-hah! So the Hobbits are actually researchers working on discovering cold fusion or somesuch to get us off oil! BINGO.

-Arrian

Comment

**** that. We've got our own Ring and we're keeping it. We're more than willing to help you destroy the rest of the world's oil supply, though.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So the ring is the Koran, but the Koran isn't all powerful. To be the ring it must fit this description:
                        One ring to rule them all
                        One ring to find them
                        One ring to bring them all and
                        Bind them in the land Mordor (or wherever Mordor is now that we decided America is Rohan)
                        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                        The video may avatar is from

Comment

We've already moved on to OIL, Will. Do keep up.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                            The ring is obviously Fossil Oil. Everybody wants it but it corrupts. Especially people from Gondor (=America) are likely to succumb.
                            Which means that the elven rings, powerful before the one ring, but subordinated later, must be coal. Which some say will be liberated when the one ring is destroyed, but others think will fade.

West Virginia, the Ruhr, the North of England, are Lorien and Rivendell

Comment

I was hoping he'd been caught smoking pipe-weed.

(yes, I know it was tobacco in the books)
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Does this map (based on Tolkien's notes for his squeal to The Lord of Rings) help clear anything up?

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
                                X