This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Yet another 1 goal loss. Playfair's gone by December.
    Less than 10 games into the season and Asher's already panicking and surrendering.

Yup, the Flames are stinking up the rinks these days, but Asher, even though the Flames suck the big time, there is a slim change they might turn things around. You need some patience before jumping off the wagon.

And firing the coach won't do anything. Kippersoft is screwing up big time. The defencemen are not doing their job and the offence is anemic - as always.

There's not a lot that Playfair can do with so many mediocre palyers.

What we're seeing now is the Flames' achilles heel. They're only as strong as Kippersoft. Without him, the Flames are just a flicker.
    Last edited by Tingkai; October 20, 2006, 03:27.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      If there's one thing I know after this many years of watching the Flames, it's what good defense is.
      This still cracks me up.

Before 2003, the Flames were losers with crappy defence.

So I take it that "many years" means the two seasons of +.500 hockey.

No wonder you have such a narrow vision of what good defence is all about.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
        Less than 10 games into the season and Asher's already panicking and surrendering.

Yup, the Flames are stinking up the rinks these days, but Asher, even though the Flames suck the big time, there is a slim change they might turn things around. You need some patience before jumping off the wagon.

And firing the coach won't do anything. Kippersoft is screwing up big time. The defencemen are not doing their job and the offence is anemic - as always.

There's not a lot that Playfair can do with so many mediocre palyers.

What we're seeing now is the Flames' achilles heel. They're only as strong as Kippersoft. Without him, the Flames are just a flicker.
        We're seeing a bunch of 1-goal losses that could easily be fixed without retarded coaching decisions.

This is why myself, and many other Flames fans, think Playfair's days are numbered. For instance, in powerplays the first unit he usually has on the ice is centred by...Jamie Lundmark with Nilson and Yelle on the wings. WTF? On the points he puts Zyuzin and someone else...then we wonder why we don't score on the powerplay...the first minute and a half is wasted on those clowns while Iginla, Tanguay, Huselius, Langkow, Phaneuf, Hamrlik warm the benches.

Then in this game, for the last minute of play when we're down 1 goal he puts in...Tony Amonte? He's got 1 assist and is -2 on the year...

He also decides to sometimes put Tanguay on the point on the powerplay, even though he CANNOT skate backwards with any reasonable speed. This resulted in Sundin's GWG, and other very good chances for other teams to score goals.

Playfair's making some really bizarre decisions that are setting the team back. It's not just Kipper's slow start or the team's offensive woes, Playfair's got a big part of this.

And, for future reference, his named is Kiprusoff, not Kippersoff. If you had any idea what you were talking about you may know that.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Almost at the bottom of page two. We can't have that.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Anyone know for sure if Toskala or Nabakov is playing tonight?

San Jose has been rotating their goalies so that neither has played two games in a row yet, but given that Toskala has yet to lose and they are playing Minnesota, I would think they would go with him but if they are starting Nabakov, I might as well bench Toskala and play my third goalie.

Sooner or later I would assume they will make Toskala #1 and use Nabokov to rest him and when they are playing the weaker teams.

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
              Anyone know for sure if Toskala or Nabakov is playing tonight?

San Jose has been rotating their goalies so that neither has played two games in a row yet, but given that Toskala has yet to lose and they are playing Minnesota, I would think they would go with him but if they are starting Nabakov, I might as well bench Toskala and play my third goalie.

Sooner or later I would assume they will make Toskala #1 and use Nabokov to rest him and when they are playing the weaker teams.

* Sparrowhawk
              This site usually gets it right: Hockey Informer

Comment

You can also use rotowire.com. You have to pay for their full service, but you can usually get enough info out of the couple of free lines to tell who is starting on any given night.
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Okay, I am going to take the chance that Nabakov is playing tonight

Thanks for the websites, Informer says that Nabakov is starting, rotowire just tells me that they are rotating goalies (which I already knew).

Either way, worth the chance I think

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Well, I had a good night...

5G, 7A, 3+/-, 1PPG, and 2PPA
                    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I thought Theodore's .778 save percentage would sink me - until I saw Toivonen's .765.

Comment

Not sure if it was intentional or a mistake, but Joncha didn't end out dressing Nabokov, which may help him out as they are down 3-0 right now and the hit to his save % likely would have cost him that stat. As it stands right now I think I will win in goaltender wins but lose in save % and shut outs. Still looks promising for me to come out of the week with the win overall, so I am happy

/me

Comment

Go Habs!
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                            Not sure if it was intentional or a mistake, but Joncha didn't end out dressing Nabokov, which may help him out as they are down 3-0 right now and the hit to his save % likely would have cost him that stat. As it stands right now I think I will win in goaltender wins but lose in save % and shut outs. Still looks promising for me to come out of the week with the win overall, so I am happy

* Sparrowhawk
                            I put him on the bench because I couldn't catch you in wins and I was already ahead in the other two stats.

Neither of us have any skaters tomorrow, so it looks like you'll take the week 5-3.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Two goals late in the Edmonton - Detroit game, both by players on my bench (Lupul and Datsyuk) would have been enough to give me the win in goals. Instead i have players in my lineup giving me assists I don't need.

Oh well, lineup choices arn't going to be right all the time obviously. I still hold out hope that Thornton will score for San Jose but he is running out of time

/me

Comment

Yeah, I left a couple of goals on the bench myself. Thems the breaks.
                                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X