Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a lot of Leafs games out here in Ontario...their defense is very, very bad.

On paper, they suck. On the ice, they suck.

It's like watching an old timers' league.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

OK

I will be at the Dome to see

Red Wings
      Canucks
      Avalanche
      Lightnining

and to fill out the package I also am seeing

Florida
      Minnesota

The Flames game packages are such that you have to take some less desirable games to get tickets at all

woohoooooo
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I see a lot of Leafs games out here in Ontario...their defense is very, very bad.

On paper, they suck. On the ice, they suck.
        I don't dispute that. I haven't seen the Leafs enough to really assess them that well.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Minnesota / Calgary will be a great game to watch. My little Minnie is all growns ups...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Minnesota / Calgary will be a great game to watch. My little Minnie is all growns ups...
            True

They seem to be scoring this year so it may not be that bad.

It just sucks that Montral, Toronto and Ottawa don't come out this year or next (next year the eastern and western Canadian teams don't even play !!!)

Overall I like the unbalance schedule but they should have a rule somehow that the Canadian teams all play each other at least twice a year

Comment

The schedule is apparently going to be revamped next season. All teams will play eachother at least once, but we'll have less divisional play.

Comment

Fun links for the geeks: http://www.hockey-recap.com/

The original site for On The Forecheck, this is now my home for sharing thoughts on sports blogging itself, rather than the NHL or the Nashville Predators.

Comment

WTF happened to Kipper?

First shot of the game, 18 seconds in, against BOSTON...and they score.

Comment

And on the third shot, they score...wtf...

Comment

Yelle is hurt bad...his ankle apparently. Both teams' trainers and team doctors are out there with him and carried him off in a stretcher.

Comment

The schedule is apparently going to be revamped next season. All teams will play eachother at least once, but we'll have less divisional play.
                        Good!

The NW should put 4 into the playoffs if we continue to have so many strong teams.

The same goes for any other division that can have 4 good teams.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yet another 1 goal loss. Playfair's gone by December.

Comment

The eight intadivisional matchups are totally unnecessary. I'd cut it to five, allowing for a clear series winner every year and freeing up 12 games for other opponenents.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

The eight intadivisional matchups are totally unnecessary. I'd cut it to five, allowing for a clear series winner every year and freeing up 12 games for other opponenents.
                              but then you have the tangible problem of, which team gets the 5th one at home?

For big rivalries, that will matter.
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

There's four other teams in div. Alternate the advantages season to season and it evens out.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X