No announcement yet.

Scandals marring the first week of the new swedish government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TV fee is more or less volontary, as they don't check everybody. Paying taxes and employer's fee for temporary housemaids and babysitters is something most people try to avoid, as it's so easy to hide. And it's not only because of the money, it's a lot of paperwork too.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

The law is the same for all. If you are going to hold public office you´d better abide by the law or resign in shame. There´s no alternative.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

They didn't hold public office at the time of their "crimes", and they had no idea that the prime minister would ever ask them to join the government.

Some of the "crimes" reported and debated in the media are so old that it's no longer legally possible to prosecute them.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

It's pretty silly...

Well, I'll be sure to pay all my licence fees and get the paperwork right when I pay my babysitters from this day on. Just in case I will be asked to become a minister 10 years from now.
          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
            They didn't hold public office at the time of their "crimes", and they had no idea that the prime minister would ever ask them to join the government.

Some of the "crimes" reported and debated in the media are so old that it's no longer legally possible to prosecute them.
            Well, their crimes should´ve made them inelligble as ministers. Reinfeldt should´ve asked them beforehand to avoid embarrasing himself and the ministers in question.
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I can't see how those crimes could be bad enough to block someone from becoming a minister for the rest of their lifes. They are on the same level as riding a bicycle without headlight or something.

If you try to find people who have never broken a single law in their entire life, you have to exclude 99% of the population.

If you disagree, please tell me what crimes that would be acceptable.

Comment

She was minister of culture. Had she had a lick of sense, she'd abolished the license fee retroactively.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                X