No announcement yet.

University help needed badly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cryptography, hacking prevention, sure.. I'm more into .. comprehensive strategies, of course these are all subgroups to the big picture.

But things such as cryptography are a sign that there's more too. Crypthography alone does not make me want to move my butt, I cant take it in here as well. Also mobile device security is deifnitely not in my area of interest.

More comprehensive view, but things such as hacking are of bigger interest. Security against hacking, not so much corporate spies etc.

But if you have that, plus courses on hacking and viruses, it might be able to offer that more bigger picture which I am interested in. We don't offer single hacking course to my knowledge, courses on viruses are rare and usually suck even though we woudl have lots of resources (F-Secure etc) but no.

Canada is definitely a viable option for me and in the top of the list for countries I would like to study/work/live in. Any other schools than UofC?

What about Japanese schools? Do any of you guys know them?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

In Canada, the best CS schools are generally considered to be University of Waterloo (#1), University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of Toronto, and perhaps University of British Columbia.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into them all.

Keep the suggestions flying, especially knowledge about schools in Japan would be extremely welcome.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
        X