No announcement yet.

The most Unamerican state iyo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's where I found that people were the most open minded about other cultures and countries, they actually know there are other countries outside their borders, they also know how to eat (unlike florida, N/S Carolina where butter is the only dip...and arkansas and texas where roadkill is a delicacy). It is where I found that most poeple actually knew what they were talkin about and not just repeating what they heard on TV or elswehere, I felt like these poeple actually had an opinion, based on their own feelings and experiences"

That makes California profoundly American.

Vermont is also very American.

Most Unamerican - I dont know, Id be inclined to say South Carolina - not just that its unYankee, but its not even redneck, its got this southern aristocratic ambiance, deeply conservative in more ways than political or religious. Look through American history, from the 1830 secession crisis, right up to massive resistance, South Carolina stands out.

By the way, if you think butter was the only sauce in Florida, you werent eating at the right places in Florida (And yes, im talking Jacksonville, not South Florida)
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
      In my personal experience I would have to say either Hawai'i or Louisiana - might be why I liked them both so much...
      Might be. Never been to those so I wouldn't know.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        FU, Spec.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I vote for all of the states except California
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Canada.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Canada.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Ok, I have to specify. North California.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Canada.
                  I was gonna say that when there were still no replies, then I thought of the UK, and then I thought it was a bit early in the thread for trolling and should let some sensible replies through first.

Comment

Just heard this one today and its kinda relavent.

Originally heard on The Bob and Tom Show
                    New Mexico? Why'd we need another one of those?
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                      I was gonna say that when there were still no replies, then I thought of the UK, and then I thought it was a bit early in the thread for trolling and should let some sensible replies through first.
                      It's never too early for trolling.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Canada?! That's so not trolling. It's actually a great compliment!

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                          Interesting that the implied definition of unAmerican is equivalent to most liberal. So ergo liberal states are most likely out of the main stream and by defnition a minority
                          You misunderstand the reasoning. Since the US is to the right of most developed nations on most issues, being right-wing tends to make you more American when other countries are considered. If most countries were to the right of the US then it would be reversed.

So the issue is not what the majority of Americans are, but what the majority of the world is relative to the US.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            "It's where I found that people were the most open minded about other cultures and countries, they actually know there are other countries outside their borders, they also know how to eat (unlike florida, N/S Carolina where butter is the only dip...and arkansas and texas where roadkill is a delicacy). It is where I found that most poeple actually knew what they were talkin about and not just repeating what they heard on TV or elswehere, I felt like these poeple actually had an opinion, based on their own feelings and experiences"

That makes California profoundly American.

Vermont is also very American.

Most Unamerican - I dont know, Id be inclined to say South Carolina - not just that its unYankee, but its not even redneck, its got this southern aristocratic ambiance, deeply conservative in more ways than political or religious. Look through American history, from the 1830 secession crisis, right up to massive resistance, South Carolina stands out.

By the way, if you think butter was the only sauce in Florida, you werent eating at the right places in Florida (And yes, im talking Jacksonville, not South Florida)
                            I know what you are trying to do here, but read the OP again and ponder the point of this thread. Spec is the one who basically made the "unamerican = liberal" connection. The rest of us rolled with it (other than Ogie, who took a meaningless potshot).

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Isn't it Texas, because that actually belongs to Mexico? :ducks:

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                                Not really. Much of the South has that same ingrained caste system.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X