The most Unamerican state iyo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most Unamerican state iyo.

The most Un-American state....I'd make a poll but I dont have enough poll options...

Anyways, this is only based on my personnal experiences, but my choice would be Calfornia. Imo, it seems like a whole other country in someways.
    It's where I found that people were the most open minded about other cultures and countries, they actually know there are other countries outside their borders, they also know how to eat (unlike florida, N/S Carolina where butter is the only dip...and arkansas and texas where roadkill is a delicacy). It is where I found that most poeple actually knew what they were talkin about and not just repeating what they heard on TV or elswehere, I felt like these poeple actually had an opinion, based on their own feelings and experiences. I would never ever move to anywhere in the US for my job, like I already told them, except if its in california. Which may be next year...

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vermont
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why?

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

California?
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
          Why?

Spec.
          Go to Vermont and see.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I did.

Why?

Spec.

Comment

It feels like Canada's 11th province. Much more so than upstate NY or any of the other border states I've visited.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                California?
                Take away hollywood and the outskirts, and yes, California.

There's a good chance I'll have to move to San Jose next year for 8 months...

Spec.

Comment

Upstate Ny is awful, like platsburgh...Queensbury...

Spec.

Comment

In my personal experience I would have to say either Hawai'i or Louisiana - might be why I liked them both so much...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Texas
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Vermont isn't a bad choice. It's very liberal (like KH says, kinda Canadian), which is all the more noticeable since New Hampshire is right next door.

I've never been to Washington state, how about that?

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'll go with Texas.
                          Last edited by SlowwHand; October 6, 2006, 10:40.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Interesting that the implied definition of unAmerican is equivalent to most liberal. So ergo liberal states are most likely out of the main stream and by defnition a minority.

What does that say about the direction of the Democratic party going hard left? Dems need to keep telling themselves its not the stance but the way it is communicated.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Definitely Hawaii.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X