Did God create sin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my edit.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      That's because this is a not so subtle attempt to demonstrate that montheism is inferior to others. The failed logic only goes to show that the opposite may actually be the case.
      This is ridiculous , because I'm myself a monotheist .

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        Should, you say. Towards what end?
        As an end in itself.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

there are no good guys or bad guys..

just people running over each other doing what they think is right
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Ethics is right and wrong. Without religion, there is no right or wrong.

what about law ?
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

[Long text concerning the destruction of SOdom and Gomorrha]

also

View east along the southern wall of the destroyed city of Sodom (Bab edh-Dhra) southeast of the Dead Sea in modern Jordan.

More interesting in the bible passage are IMHO the things left out.

Both Sodom and Gomorrha were Cities.
              In the cities you will expect people of various ages, i.e. not only adults but also children and babies.
              Those who had no chance to do evil things.

So how can one say that the actions by god were not evil, as he punishes those who were innocent for the actions of their relatives?
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                what about law ?
                Most systems of law are based on ethical/religious beliefs.
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

God did not create sin. Sin is not a thing.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The student replied, "Actually, sir, evil does not exist. Evil is simply the absence of God. Evil is a term man developed to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. It isn't like truth, or love, which exist as virtues like heat and light. Evil is simply the state where God is not present, like cold without heat or darkness without light."
                    Since this was supposedly from a Christian, the biblical God is our context... Didn't alot of evil things happen when God was present? Hell, the Romans murdered his Son who most Christians believe was God. Cant get any more present than that

Comment

Ethics is right and wrong. Without religion, there is no right or wrong.

What rot.

Any group of humans can decide to make acts right or wrong- all it takes is a general agreement that in the territory of group X, stealing is wrong, or adultery is wrong, and so forth.

All that religion does is send the responsibilty for the decision making upwards, so that kings and priests can say:

GOD SAID: MAKE IT SO
                      and lo, it is so, and then we have rule by divine right and theocracies and priest-kings and other such assorted nonsense.

'The World Turned Upside Down':

...the clergy dazzle us with heaven or they damn us into hell
                      we will not worship the god they serve
                      the god of greed who feeds the rich while poor men starve

The Diggers were one of the early communist groups arising from the English civil war. In 1649 they carried out the land occupation commemorated in the song.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Do I win the prize for the threadjack on post #8, or does aneeshm get it himself for trolling atheists in the first place?

Comment

What I mean is, the OP basically assumed the existance of God, and presumably intended the discussion to go on from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            Do I win the prize for the threadjack on post #8, or does aneeshm get it himself for trolling atheists in the first place?

The prize for both of you is a week's stay at Jesus Camp .

A growing number of Evangelical Christians believe there is a revival underway in America that requires Christian youth to assume leadership roles in advocating the causes of their religious movement.

Filmed during the Senate confirmation hearings of Supreme Court Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., the movie visits a church at which the congregation prays in front of a life-size cardboard cutout of President Bush. Justice Alito’s eventual approval is hailed as another step forward in the movement’s eventual goal of outlawing abortion, the No. 1 issue on its agenda.

Because it focuses on the education of children, Ms. Fischer speaks of the evils of Harry Potter.
                            This riveting documentary explores Kids on Fire, a summer camp in Devils Lake, N.D., that grooms children to be soldiers in "God's army."

In the scene, Fischer takes a life-size standup photo of President George W. Bush to the stage, and with a large American flag in the background, asks the crowd to raise their hands towards him in prayer.

"I didn't realize how the secular world viewed what we were doing," Fischer said, adding that Grady and Ewing spent about a year filming her -- including a visit to the Kids On Fire summer camp in Devil's Lake, ND -- explaining that political side of the equation had only come up toward the end of shooting.

"When we took out [an] image of Bush, it turned political, but to us, it's not political - it's Biblical," she said.

What would Jesus say ?

22 Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no?

23 But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me?

24 Show me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's.

25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

26 And they could not take hold of his words before the people: and they marveled at his answer, and held their peace.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

This poll is invalid. There's no "God does not exist" choice.

Man created sin.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                                This poll is invalid. There's no "God does not exist" choice.

Man created sin.

Spec.

Correction: Man created God to take the blame for the idea or creation of sin, and let humanity off the hook.

Comment

Working...
                                X