This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again I ask, so what?

You Chicago people have different priorities, which may be why you rarely find yourselves in the Super Bowl.

For my part, I'd rather go 9-7 and win the Big One.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Again I ask, so what?

You Chicago people have different priorities, which may be why you rarely find yourselves in the Super Bowl.

For my part, I'd rather go 9-7 and win the Big One.
      Not all do... I want another Super Bowl. If by some chance they can also go 16 - 0 and wipe the smile off of some old dolphins faces, so much the better... But the Super Bowl comes FIRST!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Now there's a thinking man.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Any team that finishes a regular season undefeated is going to be considered among the best ever in the NFL, even if they don't win a SB.
          Uh, no. They would be remembered as spectacular losers.

How many impressive non-championship teams are "remembered" as among the best?

NONE.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• All games sold out for a record fifth straight week

(Oct. 6, 2006) -- For the first time, all NFL local TV blackouts have been lifted five times in one season, the NFL announced.

All games of the NFL schedule for this Sunday and Monday (Week 5) have sold out in advance of the local TV blackout deadline, enabling every game to be televised in the home-team market for an unprecedented fifth time in a season.

Every game of the 2006 NFL season has sold out through five weeks.

It will be the 18th time since the NFL blackout policy took effect in 1973 that blackouts have been lifted for all games on a single weekend. The previous 17 times have been on Kickoff Weekend in 1998; three times in 2000; once in 2001; four times in 2002 and 2005; and four times this season.

The NFL blackout policy states that games sold out 72 hours prior to kickoff can be televised in the home city.

Comment

• We haven't missed a Bears telecast in decades... guess we should count our blessings.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

Not all do... I want another Super Bowl. If by some chance they can also go 16 - 0 and wipe the smile off of some old dolphins faces, so much the better... But the Super Bowl comes FIRST!
                Wouldn't that be 19-0?
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  Uh, no. They would be remembered as spectacular losers.

How many impressive non-championship teams are "remembered" as among the best?

NONE.
                  -Jrabbit has got it right. The 1998 Minnesota Vikings who were the 3rd team to go 15-1 (after the 1984 49ers and the 1985 Bears) are mostly forgotten by the casual fan after they lost in the NFC Championship Game to Atlanta.

However, for those who really follow the nitty gritty of football would consider those teams to be some of the best, even if they didn't win the big game at the end.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And you'll not that the 15-1 feat has only happened 3 times. And the only undefeated regular season was at 14-0. Nobody has ever gone 16-0 in the regular season.

So yes, if the Bears (or any team for that matter) finish the regular season 16-0 and not win the SB, they will still be considered one of the best ever.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Um... did you forget that whole part about how a very few remember the 98 Vikings (and that wasn't even 10 years ago!)?

Perhaps they will remember the Bears who went 16-0 but lost in the playoffs, but they'll be considered one of the biggest chokers in NFL history (for losing in the playoffs while going undefeated in the regular season) and not one of the all time bests.

What is it about being a Bears fan and delusions? First 16-0 being attainable and now if they go 16-0 and lose in the playoffs they'll be considered one of the best ever?! WTF?!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Consider this. Would you remember a team that lost first 7 games, then went on to win last 9 regular season, won through the playoffs, and won the Super Bowl?
                        I believe you would.

Comment

• Originally posted by lots of fans over the years whose teams then go on to lose at least one game

If by some chance they can also go 16 - 0 and wipe the smile off of some old dolphins faces, so much the better...
                          I've heard that a lot over the last 34 years, yet no one has ever been able to deliver.

D

Comment

• Philadelphia is adding more police to the Cowboys @ Eagles game...because of Owens.

Comment

• ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Woo hoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X