This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoken like a true Redsins fan.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon

If you go by Jaws' analysis of the spread option, then he does help. Jaws said the key read is the DE. At the potential handoff, if the DE is staying inside to cover Dunn, then Vick keeps and runs outside. If the DE stays wide to cover Vick, then handoff goes to Dunn inside.
      Exactly. But which would help Dunn more, the threat of Vick's scrambling or the threat of another quarterback's more accurate passing? If Atlanta had a more accurate passer under center, more defenders would drop into coverage or pass-blitz, which would help Dunn as well.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Good question, Jaguar, but if Atlanta had a more accurate passer, wouldn't that require WRs who could actually catch? Without those, then Vick's running ability is probably more helpful.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Leinart drives the Cards right down the field, giving the Cards a quick 7-0 lead against the mighty Bears.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 2nd straight 3-and-out for Chicago.
            They're off to a poor start...
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Anquan Boldin is a freaking BEAST.

Comment

• go cards!

I refuse to get on the band wagon.

Comment

• Looks like Rex's still got a few kinks to iron out.
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Help! I fell asleep and woke up in bizarro-universe!

Cardinals 14, Bears 0.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• He's playing like crap, and the Cards are riding an emotional high.

Feels like an upset. Still, it's early. Ish.

Comment

• Rex is playing the same way he did in the first few games of this year. Earlier in the year, I accused him of bad pocket presence, a hasty release, and a tendency to throw the ball up for grabs. He's been making those mistakes the entire year. Now they're just catching up to him in a big way.

I still contend he's very comparable to Eli Manning. Big arm, not-so-big patience, and that leads to very uneven but sometimes spectacular play - in this case, spectacularly bad.

Oh, and don't be at all surprised if the same things that are killing him now make a big play or two later.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• I've seen Eli Manning play; and sir, Rex Grossman is no Eli Manning.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Well, Grossman's had better stats than Eli Manning until now.

In overall ability, one may prove to be the better quarterback. Both have a whole lot of talent. But the way they make decisions is very similar, and not particularly good.

Comment

• Four turnovers in the first half, all by Grossman.
                              The Bears appear to be... DOOMED!

Comment

• Why exactly did the Raiders pass on Matt Leinart now?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X