Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo has one more than Denver, and eventually John Elway won one.

I know the Vikings of course, but I don't know the other 15-1 teams. They were before my time of course (but so were the 72 Dolphins- though I don't know much about the Dolphings). But 15-1 isn't realy considered that great in the long run (even though it is great in the short run). It's a record that is marred with one loss.

If the Bears go 16-0 they will always be remembered. Make no mistake about that. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs. And if they lose in the playoffs due to injury, no one will call them chokers.

I would like to see a team have the balls to go for 16 and 0.

Comment

• I really suggested those 2 off times they've gone to Super Bowl and numbers lost.
      Season record wasn't even a consideration, since I don't care as much about that stat.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• true, I have no idea what Buffalo's and Denver's records were those seasons. But I really wasn't into football that much back then. I doubt most people could name their records.

undefeated is undeafeated.

I remember back when we had a good basketball team at our university (even if they were payed for ), we were hoping to go undeated one season. That would have been impressive, even if we didn't win the NCAA championship. But we ended up losing like 2 games that season (the second loss being the loss to Duke in the final 4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
          That one including the kicker doen on his knees with the ball and hit. The ball is then kicked loose and the eagles score last i checked if the guys down hes down the play should have been over.
          No - a player from the other team needs to touch him before he's considered down; otherwise he can get up and run with the ball (which it looked like he was about to do). The Eagle "touched" him and the ball came loose. There was no blown call on that play.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
            As far as who will fall first... Indy is a double digit favorite this week against a bad Tennesse team. The Bears are also big favorites at home against Buffalo.

Now Baltimore has to play in Denver...

You make the call
            One down... two to go
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'd say Buffalo. Their disappointment is more recent and more embarrassing. The same team? Two years in a row? And during a streak of four? Ouch.

Edit: Wow, look before you post. I'm replying to something old.
              Last edited by Lorizael; October 10, 2006, 10:22.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• No you're not.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Excellent!
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• stu considering this was a kicker and players arent really allowed to hit them has hard as the other players and that he was on his knees not in a positon to hop up and start running the play should have been called done. the eagle player went in with the kicker on the floor and knocked him silly, not that i dont agree that he had a live ball,However, In most instances i have seen like this with a kicker involved yellow flags would have been flying all over the place.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• that he was on his knees not in a positon to hop up and start running the play should have been called done.

WHAT?!

The kicker is not down when his knees hit the ground. Doesn't matter if he's "not in position to hop up", he's the same as any other player.

In most instances i have seen like this with a kicker involved yellow flags would have been flying all over the place

No, you are wrong.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It is, but when is so blantlently in front of you how can one not see it?? I mean really, the eagles got an interception, then the dude celebrated and taunted for 5 minutes. 15 minutes later or so the cowboys do a good job and the guy celebrates 2 minutes and is called for taunting i mean get real. The one that wasnt called which should have been called a late hit on the kicker he had the ball in control and was on his knees got hit by an eagles player 1 minute after he was on the ground no flag for a late hit . But a TD for he eagles. im sure there were calls not called n the cowboys but none so apparent as the ones mised as i have stated.
                        It does my heart good to see this. After years of Irvin pushing off every play and Deonne doing the queerest celebrations in the history of football, it feels good to hear how the poor widdle cowgirls got screwed by teh refs.

Welcome to the rest of the league.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

However, In most instances i have seen like this with a kicker involved yellow flags would have been flying all over the place.
                          That's only after they actually manage to KICK the ball - then it's roughing the kicker if they even bump him. Holding a live ball makes him fair game, just like any other player as Imran said.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                            It does my heart good to see this. After years of Irvin pushing off every play and Deonne doing the queerest celebrations in the history of football, it feels good to hear how the poor widdle cowgirls got screwed by teh refs.

Welcome to the rest of the league.
                            That was my first thought. It is amusing to see the Cowboys fans complain about bad officiating, when they benefited a lot from the officials during the mid 90s.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Actually it was the punters's fault, he should have just covered the ball in the standard fumble recovery position. I don't know what that position he was in was? WTF?

I assume that he does not practice having to cover up on muffs.

Also the refs called this one fairly decent. Case in point was the third down play where We got one hell of a spot that led to a drive not being stalled deep (I think it ended in another one of Drewboy's ints though).

We did get raped in the Jacksonville game as the Jacksonville recievers could do whatever they wanted to our defenders (pull them down in the endzone resulting in TD) while we were flagged for such occurances (TD called back).
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• The Rams (we, ) have a good opportunity to go up 1 and a half games next week against Seattle. Alexander is still out and the Edwards Jones Dome is going to be hella loud. Seattle is favored, but I would take that bet if I had any money.
                                Last edited by Kidlicious; October 11, 2006, 10:51.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X