No announcement yet.

Which decade had the worst music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disco. 1977. Bee Gees. Donna Summer. Trammps.

Burn, baby, burn. Disco inferno.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Has to be the 70's, I lived through it! Crap like Kung Fu Fighting, Afternoon Delight and the worst You Light up My Life. I never got so tired of hearing a song in all my life!!! Oh and let us not forget the Rubber Ducky song or the Convoy song for all you truckers out there!

But you also had balancers like Pink Floyd, Boston, Kansas, Journey, Van Halen (when they were Van Halen) etc..
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

What was electronic about the Bee Gees or Donna Summer? It's hard to define something as electronic where the main 'instrument' is vocals backed by a simple beat.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Did I say it was electronic? No. No, I didn't.

And Tiamat, I'll even take Afternoon Delight over Pop the Cop rap crap any day.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

OMG!!!!! How do people listen to that?!?!!! At the risk of sounding like my parents it's just not music.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I misunderstood then

No way - "Afternoon delight" should be played over and over and over again to the scum at GITMO.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

To bad we can't attach snippetts of songs to our avatars, I'd soooOOOoooo put that one in mine

Comment

Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson...I'd say they were early electronic.

Comment

What about Robin Trower?

Comment

He'd fit.

Comment

This decade is surely disastrous, whatnot with the mass popularity of sucky rap or hiphop-style stuff, and the general tendency to act as if videos mean more than the actual music .
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                          What was electronic about the Bee Gees or Donna Summer? It's hard to define something as electronic where the main 'instrument' is vocals backed by a simple beat.
                          Why? If the music is done by a drum machine or through re-recording mixes recycled over and over... how is it not 'electronic music'?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson played keyboard/synthesizer in Yes and ELP respectively.

Comment

What about Argent? Wasn't that an off shoot of Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                                What about Argent? Wasn't that an off shoot of Yes?
                                The only Argent song I know is "hold your head high" and although it has a strong synthesizer element I wouldnt classify it as 'electronic music' (but others might). They were not an offshot from Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X