Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who the h*ll are the Parents' Television Council ? Bill Hicks, come back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Yeah, it's a trick nine out of 10 political letter writers pull, too. Campaigns send out form letters and e-mails to all the yahoos in the party, who then fill in the blanks and send them in to the newspapers and other media outlets.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        If you don't want embarassing behavior at your event, just don't invite any folks. It's really that simple.
        Fixed
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          As obscene as arse over t*t

And Elok, why do you persist in being such an annoying little cretin?
          Discuss the posts, not the posters, you crumpet-munching Anglo douchebag.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

American Family Asssociation seems way worse than these guys. They are already readying it's 3 million members to flood the FCC when CBS airs it's 9/11 documentary on 9/10/2006. Because CBS will be airing it unedited.

Comment

Why not, I'll actually comment on the subject of the thread itself:

We should not feel outraged for the censored content. At least, not primarily for the censored content. Our pity and sorrow should be reserved for the children. Yes, the children of these Associations and Concerned Parent Groups' members. While said parents are spending insane amounts of time picketing, writing letters and screeching in order to teach the rest of the world about how to raise children, they are doing absolutely no parenting themselves. Their kids probably start experimenting with MDMA about midway through Mommy's eight hundredth outraged e-mail to the makers of Sesame Street re: the blatant homosexual connotations of Bert and Ernie.

These children will grow up to raise dysfunctional and broken families, which will appear (complete with blurred nipples and bleeped swears) on the reality TV shows of tomorrow. Thereby provoking a new generation of terrified censors, perpetuating the vicious cycle.

Think of the children.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Bill Hicks, come back
                bleh

Comment

Now, which episode of South Park was that where a certain mother led a campaign against T&P arse humor?
                  "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                  George Orwell

Comment

Nothing like a small group of uptight folks trying to dictate to the vast majority...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Its not like she said "arse over teakettle".
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

PTC President L. Brent Bozell says, "It is utterly irresponsible and atrocious for NBC to air this vulgar language...when millions of children were in the viewing audience."
                        Frankly, I'm not sure you could find millions of kids who were in the viewing audience. That implies that kids actually watched the Emmys. I think a more apt description mighy be the "asleep on the floor" audience, or maybe the "playing Halo on the other TV" audience.

Comment

Halo? You mean Grand Theft Auto.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Awards ceremonies should be banned.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

which will appear (complete with blurred nipples and bleeped swears) on the reality TV shows of tomorrow.

There's something strangely ironic about censoring "reality TV".

Anyway, American should take a collective joint and untie its knickers.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                                Its not like she said "arse over teakettle".

You Americans sure have strange ways of making tea.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X