Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who the h*ll are the Parents' Television Council ? Bill Hicks, come back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the h*ll are the Parents' Television Council ? Bill Hicks, come back!

Clearly some unseasonal rain has flushed out some troglodytic spawn of Satan. Apparently Helen Mirren, by using some English words (including one utilised by that potty-mouthed swear meister, Geoffrey Chaucer) to express her relief at not falling over at an awards' ceremony, has offended some by-blows of Tipper Gore.

Are these the same kind of night grown mushrumps and vile torpedoes that censor children's libraries so that the kiddy winkies won't be exposed to Harry Potter for fear of turning into Anton La Vey ?

Helen Mirren has been attacked for "vulgar and obscene" comments she made during the Emmy Awards live telecast last Sunday.

The British actress raised giggles at the Los Angeles ceremony when she joked she almost fell "a** over t*t" as she stepped up to receive one of the night's Best Actress awards for her portrayal of Elizabeth I--but one family group wasn't amused.

Washington, D.C.-based The Parents Television Council has reprimanded Mirren and Calista Flockhart, who repeated the phrase minutes later.

PTC officials feel studio bosses at NBC, the network that broadcast the Emmys, should have censored the two stars' comments.

PTC President L. Brent Bozell says, "It is utterly irresponsible and atrocious for NBC to air this vulgar language...when millions of children were in the viewing audience."

The family values organization has filed a complaint with broadcasting watchdogs the Federal Communications Commission.

Oh no! Clearly hearing *** and arse will induce Tyler and Tayla to rush out and purchase some illegal handguns and kill their schoolfellows.

I do hope these linguistic milquetoasts wander into a showing of 'The Commitments' or 'Trainspotting' to see what earthy vulgarity is really like.

With any luck, their heads will explode.

Meanwhile, a word from our sponsors, Heckler and Koch.
    Attached Files
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

"Arse over t*t"? Jesus, I've heard worse language come from my 8 year old nephew without batting an eyelid

EDIT: I don't believe the word t*t it censored
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Meanwhile, a word from our sponsors, Heckler and Koch.
      Blah

Comment

She should have been censored. Nobody should have to hear the horrible, horrible brit accent found in the kind of person who says "a** over t*t." Cor blimey, guv'nor!
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Nice tits going right for the nuts!

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

That woman in the photo shouldn't be wearing flares like that in front of the children.

Comment

monty python

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Parents television council?

Isn´t it the same group that accused Spongebob Squarepants of distributing gay propaganda?
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                  She should have been censored. Nobody should have to hear the horrible, horrible brit accent found in the kind of person who says "a** over t*t." Cor blimey, guv'nor!
                  And which brit accent are you referring to, there are a few
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

No there aren't, you all sound the same. Just like all black people wear bling and all Japanese people walk around in kimonos and stab themselves in the stomach when they miss a deadline at work...

Seriously, I just read those words and had a horrible flashback to a BBC (I think it was BBC) version of Othello in modern language. I saw a bit of it for a class once, and it might have worked, except they cast somebody with a horrible working-class Brit accent as Desdemona. When the time came for her to be smothered, I just couldn't help laughing at the squawking noises she made protesting her husband's charges. She sounded like an angry crow, cawing away like that. "It's NAWT TREAUUU!"

And I just can't imagine any other kind of Brit accent saying something like "arse over ***s." Maybe she had one of those refined and dignified accents instead, in which case it'd be pretty funny anyway.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If you don't want embarassing behavior at your event, just don't invite any English folks. It's really that simple.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        If you don't want embarassing behavior at your event, just don't invite any English folks. It's really that simple.

Comment

Is "*** for tat" an obscene expression?
                          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                          George Orwell

Comment

As obscene as arse over t*t

And Elok, why do you persist in being such an annoying little cretin?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I absolutely love it when a big brouhaha is raised over something that was shown on television, and the FTC receives tens of thousands of e-mails, letters and whatnot ... and the public finds out six months later that most of said correspondence were form e-mails, "fill in the blank" letters and whatnot. But not before said TV program was publicly criticized and/or fined.

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X