No announcement yet.

Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ironic thing is that stingrays aren't known to be that dangerous; they have them in petting zoos. Irwin was just swimming around. The stingray was buried and hidden under the sand, and he swam over top of it (probably without even knowing it was there). The stingray threw up its barb and stabbed him through the heart.
    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Of all the things that can kill you in Australia, this can't have been on many peoples lists.

Sad news.

He had a little kid aswell
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Dang.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What a sad end....:-(
          PHOENIXCAGER
          The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

He had a little kid aswell
            Two, in fact

Shame to see him go, really - he made the rest of us Aussies look practically normal in comparison ( ) and made a significant contribution to the conservation effort, not to mention the decent zoo he was building north of Brisbane...

Comment

I heard about this last night. Thought about posting a thread, but then I fell asleep instead.

While it's obviously sad that he's gone...

I think that's a pretty awesome way to go. I mean, Steve Irwin was never going to die of pneumonia or get into a car accident. No, he was gonna get stabbed through the heart by a ****ing stingray. Dude.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

yeah he had kids.. just think how great of a dad he was. Man, he's like a little kid in a grown man's body. You can have great games and play with him, I'm sure. That picture posted by the way perfectly captures him
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Man, he's like a little kid in a grown man's body

Err...Pekka, aren't we all??

I think that's a pretty awesome way to go. I mean, Steve Irwin was never going to die of pneumonia or get into a car accident. No, he was gonna get stabbed through the heart by a ****ing stingray. Dude.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but think of this
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

From a medical journal re cardiac injuries caused by stingrays:

SURVIVOR OF STINGRAY INJURY TO THE HEART
                      MJA 2001; 175: 33-34 - Beatrix Weiss MBBS FRACS & Hugh Wolfenden MBBS FRACS

Injuries to the extremities from stingray barbs are not uncommon along the Australian seaboard. Cardiac injuries from Stingray barbs are rare, even worldwide, and all but one have been fatal. We report a survivor of a cardiac injury caused by a stingray barb. Penetration of a body cavity by a stingray barb requires early surgical referral and management.

Australian coastal waters contain many species of stingrays, and injuries to the extremities caused by the barb or barbs on a stingray’s tail are not uncommon. These wounds are painful, and may develop necrosis and secondary infection. Penetration of a body cavity by a stingray barb may cause major morbidity and even death, particularly with cardiac injury, and requires early surgical referral and management.

Instances of serious, penetrating, non-cardiac injuries include collection of pus within the chest three days after netting a stingray and sustaining a barb injury to the chest; penetration of the liver; multiple bowel perforations; and laceration of a femoral artery, with death by exsanguination. Penetrating cardiac injuries have generally been fatal. In 1938, an adult women died after a stab wound to the heart by a stingray. The autopsy showed that the ventricles had been completely transfixed by the barb. An Australian soldier died in 1945 after a stab wound to the left heart, sustained while swimming in seawater baths near Melbourne, Victoria.

Comment

An Australian soldier died in 1945 after a stab wound to the left heart, sustained while swimming in seawater baths near Melbourne, Victoria.
                        Doctor Who returns... again. At least if he lost his left heart, he'd still have his right heart (unless it was the wrong heart).
                        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

anyone who looks at that is going to hell,even the atheists.

Originally posted by Wycoff
                          The ironic thing is that stingrays aren't known to be that dangerous; they have them in petting zoos. Irwin was just swimming around. The stingray was buried and hidden under the sand, and he swam over top of it (probably without even knowing it was there). The stingray threw up its barb and stabbed him through the heart.
                          those are probably de-footlong spike with necrotic toxin-ed.

Comment

I think he died the way he wanted to die
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

I think we should have a 'Talk like Steve Irwin Day' to commemorate him.

IT'S CRUCIAL TO GET THAT TOP JAW SECURED!!!!

Comment

His Spirit lives on though
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X