Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yanks better convert to Islam, or bad things will happen (AlQaeda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A while ago I even sacrificed time for playing EU2. What more proof that playing it is a religion do we need?
    Blah

Comment

Hot on the heels of the arrest of al Qaeda's #2 leader in Iraq earlier in the week comes a new arrest...

...of al Qaeda's #2 leader in Iraq.

Iraq follows Qaeda coup with massive arrest operation

by Dave Clark 15 minutes ago

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Iraqi security forces killed 14 "terrorists" and arrested almost 200 suspects, the government has said, in a spectacular follow-up to their earlier capture of an alleged top-level Al-Qaeda leader.
      ADVERTISEMENT

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's office announced Monday that over the previous 24 hours a large force of Iraqi troops and police swept through suspected insurgent strongholds in the Euphrates valley south of Baghdad.

Taken with the arrest of Hamed Jumaa al-Saedi, an Iraqi alleged to be the Al-Qaeda militant network's number two in the country, the arrests will be seen as a victory for Maliki's embattled government in its war with insurgents.

"Over the past 24 hours Baghdad and its outskirts witnessed a series of military operations carried out by security forces from the defence and interior ministries to achieve security and stability," Maliki's office said.

The raids took place on Sunday in a region south of Baghdad which is mainly inhabited my members of the country's restive Sunni minority and has been a hotbed of the insurgency.

"The units in charge of the southern and middle Euphrates district, the 8th and 10th army divisions, killed 14 terrorists and arrested 98 of them along with 95 more suspects," the statement said.

Police in Hilla, south of Baghdad, said that US forces and aircraft assisted Iraqi troops in Monday's arrest operation near Jorf al-Sahkr, but there was no immediate confirmation of this from US headquarters in
      Iraq.

"An exchange of fire between gunmen and troops led to the death of an Iraqi soldier," an officer said, adding: "The clashes continued for four hours.

"Iraqi forces managed to confiscate large caches of weapons during the raid, while planes from the coalition forces bombed a number of areas."

A Sunni political party with MPs sitting in Iraq's fragile ruling coalition, the General Council of the People in Iraq, condemned the raid, which it blamed on the US-led coalition, and demanded that detainees be released.

"Occupation forces carried out brutal aids in Abid Wayis village in Jorf al-Sakhr and arrested more than 100 Sunnis, among them Sheikh Ahmed Kassar of Salaheddin Al-Ayubi Mosque and his brothers and relatives," it said.

Iraq's deputy prime minister Barham Saleh, in an interview with CNN, described al-Saedi's arrest as a "very important development,"

"Deliberate intelligence work both by Iraqi forces as well as multinational forcesAnd has dealt a very severe blow to the Al-Qaeda organisation in Iraq," he said.

"it is also significant because this man is believed to have been responsible for the attack on the shrines in Samarra, which led to the sectarian violence that we have seen."

In February, extremists demolished the golden dome of a revered Shiite shrine, triggering a series of sectarian reprisals which have pushed Iraq to the brink of all-out civil war.

Alongside that conflict, Sunni insurgents have continued to target US-led coalition forces.

Two US marines died Sunday after "enemy action" in the western province of Al-Anbar, a bastion of the Sunni Arab insurgency, the military said.

The latest deaths brought the US military's losses in Iraq since the March 2003 invasion to 2,647, according to an AFP count based on
      Pentagon figures.

Interior ministry spokesman Brigadier General Abdelkarim Khalaf told AFP that three officers were critically wounded in a bombing in Al-Wabhiq Square in the largely Shiite and Christian district of Karrada.

Sectarian fighting also raged on just north of the capital in Diyala province, which is in the grip of a vicious turf-war between rival Sunni and Shiite factions. At least one civilian was shot dead and five more wounded.
      I believe this makes him the 40th "#2" captured or killed. Is the horse dead yet?
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Well, everytime a #2 is killed another one becomes #2
        Blah

Comment

Clearly we need to find where this huge reserve of number 2's resides. Then we will have won the war.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You have to understand how this works. There's number one, and everyone else. Hence, they are all number 2.

You are number 6.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and make some number two.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                Conversion of a westerner to Islam is prima facie evidence of insanity.
                No it's not.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                  Umm, all hail mattar paneer, chermoula, mulligatawny soup and Linzertorte, the pantheon for the new millennium !!!!!
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                    Hey, they stole the idea from Poly, someone (was it Dis?) was posting here long ago that we all should convert!

that was me. thanks for remembering.

It was a brilliant idea. It just shows Al Quida and me think alike.

Comment

• maybe you are one
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis

that was me. thanks for remembering.
                        That post was imo one of Polys absolute classics
                        Blah

Comment

• link
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

No it's not.
                            Do you know someone who isn't insane who converted to Islam? I don't.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              You have to understand how this works. There's number one, and everyone else. Hence, they are all number 2.
                              All those AQ swine look like #2 to me, if you get my drift.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
                                No, you haven't named many valid points.
                                1. gods are beings with authority in someones life
                                2. gods define the rules
                                3. gods are being worshipped or feared

I think that the above 3 things do defenitely apply to the modern atheistic human. They give only authority to themselves, define their own rules and they worship themselves as in that they put themselves above everything. (ie. 'you have to do what is the best for yourself')

I think those are valid arguments. Of course you may disagree with them, but then you should coutner them.

molly bloom

A god is a supernatural deity

It is? Were the ancient gods of the greek and the romans supernatural? Even the Roman emperor was a god and the egyptian pharaoh was concidered to be a god. The greek gods weren't supernatural, they were antropomorphic beings with more power but certainly not supernatural. Only the monotheistic God (Jahweh, Allah) is supernatural.

All other gods are just beings who most of the time represent something on earth. Love, hate, sex, money. Not much has really changed since then.

I do not 'worship' myself

there are many forms of worshipping.
                                You just have a specific form in your head and do claim that that's not applicable to yourself, which may be true.
                                I don't think you have an alter at your home with a picture of yourself. But I do think that you worship yourself because I think that think that you yourself is really important and that you sacrifice a lot of things that improve yourself.

nor do I believe that I exist outside of measurable time and space, nor do I believe that I can perform feats of magic

Which again proves that you only have a very specific view on what a god is. Which is a very very very shortsighted view on what gods are in the entire history of mankind all over the world.

I do hold that having only one life to live, I should try to make the best of it here on earth; that the norms of civil society require that I not treat my fellow human beings (whatever their religious outlook) as cattle or subhumans, and that I should not attempt to restrict their rights in a civil society only to those expounded in books written over periods of hundreds of years and compiled a few thousands of years ago.

That's the dogma of your religion. That's the way you think people should live their lifes. Or at least how you want to live your life. It has a clear vision on the afterlife: there is no afterlife. There's a clear vision on this life: "Make the best of it".

Firstly, what makes you assume that there is a single 'atheism' that fits all sizes ? There isn't.

What makes you assume that there is a single 'theist' that fits all sizes? Atheism is like theism, it comes in many forms. I just give an example on how a specific (very popular) way of being an atheist is a religion. I have claimed already that atheism comes in many forms.

Secondly, there are no atheist 'dogmas'.

Really not? Modern atheists insist on things like democracy, liberalism, freedom. I think there are people that value liberalism really really really heigh and it's a taboo to even discus liberalism. Not to mention things like 'abortion'. People who accept abortion concider those who are against it oftenly as barbarians, as idiots. Of course the opinion of abortion oftenly comes from the dogma that live has no eternal value and people should take the most of their lives, which sometimes doesn't include a baby, thus it must be allowed to abort it. I'm not starting a discussion on abortion, I just try to show you how atheistic dogmas and views have concequences for acting, thinking and handeling.

There is no Official Church or Cult of atheism to expound dogmas or to hold atheist heretics in contempt of the Revealed Truth of Atheism.

There are many many religions that don't have a church or cult. You just compare atheism to roman catholicism, as if roman catholicism is the only way to have a religion.

In fact your reactions to 'atheism is a religion' only show that you have hardly any knowledge about religion. And I wonder even if you have knowledge about yourself and your own reasons behind your actions and opinions. In fact you think that you're a free person, a free-thinker, no dogmas. Strange that you're very alike to hundreds of millions of people in europe, america and australia who think in the same way, follow the same dogma's and all insist on how unique and modern and free thinking they are.

You are no different then someone in the middle ages who followed the theologians. You only just do not follow priests but scientists. Scientists you hardly understand 99% of the time (which is not really different to the middle ages in which nobody really understood the priests). You just have trust that what the scientists tell you is true. (I don't say they are untrustable, I just try to show you that there's no difference with the middle ages)

It's a hard message and you most probably won't accept it. But again, in the middle ages the people never accepted it either. And even those in the must extreme cults don't accept it if you tell them that they're indoctrinated. Has anybody ever admitted that? No, and neither will you. But you are indoctrinated and you are just a child of the modern times.

people will study you in the future. A perfect example of the way people thought in the 21th century.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X