Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure whether you can fault the injury guys.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Even when Carter came back a year later from the injury, he was crap. After a year, ACL injuries usually heal up fairly nicely. It's the multiple knee ligament injuries that get people into trouble.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Carter wasn't even in the league of badness that were Leaf, Bruce, or Rogers. If he'd been a seventh rounder, everyone would comment on how close he came. Not so for Leaf. He was spoiled and stupid. Of course, the draft is always something of a crapshoot -- one bigtime draft choice, Ernie Davis (60s timeframe) died w/o ever playing a down.

In terms of hype and hopes associated with a player, Rogers will be a Bustmore-level player if no one picks him up and turns him around.

As to the first weekend, the real questions in my mind are:

1) Will the Redskins snap out of this?
        2) Will San Diego maintain the pace w/o Brees?
        3) Is it really, finally, NO's time (see Brees) or are they just hyping us one more time?
        4) Think Houston regrets its decision related to Bush? (This one screams "yes;" however the season really has to be played to see how bad.)

More questions will arise, but these will occupy my mind the first couple of weeks.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Sloww... I was going to start the traditional "Are You Ready for Some Football - Week 1", and I noticed you got things going already... so I changed the thread title
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's all good.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Gooooooooo Eagles!
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

That's right. Booooooo, Eagles!
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No, no, GO Eagles.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Since Sava hasn't done so already...

da Bears!
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Is TCO gay?
                      Trolling for queers. Got a nibble.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        It's all good.
                        You've given in to the man. Let's go start a football thread in the gameleague forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          I think any Mt. Rushmore of Busts has to have Ki-Jana Carter somewhere on it. The Bengals could have had Tony Boselli, Steve McNair, Kevin Carter, Joey Galloway (to name a few Top 10 selections), but no.
                          What about David Klingler, Andre Ware, and Andre Smith? Three high draft picks who produced nothing.
                          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer 4) Think Houston regrets its decision related to Bush? (This one screams "yes;" however the season really has to be played to see how bad.)
                            I think that this will go down as one of the all time bad decisions, right up there with Bowie over Jordan.

Comment

Todd Blackledge should also get some consideration for Mt. Bustmore. He was a QB, taken by the Chiefs with pick 7 of the 1983 draft. They took him over Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.

Comment

What about Rashaan Salaam & Curtis Enis?
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X