Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disturbing Christian material . . . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just expecting him to say something about so and so sort of Christianity, and then having to tell him that different people who have schools beleive in different things..

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      *to my knowledge Jehova's Wintnesses are Arians (Spelling?), ie, they don't believe that Christ was divine (which, based upon what is traditionally called Christianity, makes them no more Christian than Muslims).
      I might have that wrong, they don't beleive in the Trinity, however.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I prefer the term "pharisee" to describe this sort of believer. All of the letter of the law, none of the spirit. I guess "orthodox Christian" isn't too bad as a label, but it's just a capitalization away from identifying the brimstone crowd with my faith (as has been observed in this thread already). Which I do not take kindly to.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I swear these fanatics are going to start a civil war in this country if they do not get what they want by the ballot box. Be afraid, be VERY afriad.

Comment

Everyone has things about them that they can't share with peers in order to fit in. Getting this early just gives them practice.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Aneeshm , all christian are not like that, in fact that is a very small group.

For example, catholics , who are a lot more than half of the worlds christians, accetp tradition (church fathers), and papal writings of faith and morals to be as authoritative as the bible , so in this church catholics (most world christians) would be considered counterfeits
              for claiming another authority outside of the bible.
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Brachy is right.

These are people who their writing are considered authoritative.
                St Augustine
                St Thomas Aquinas
                Roger Bacon

Note the last two were also considered heretic in their times, but fastly rehabilited. And St-Augustine was at first a lawer(if i'm right) he became manichean, after he became neo-platonician and after this he became christian. (By the influence of his mother and one bishop, who I do not remember his name).

Edit:
                I'm wrong about Roger Bacon; the church never said that his writing are authoritative.
                Last edited by CrONoS; August 18, 2006, 23:38.
                bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  My understanding is that only the most fundimentalist Protestants believe the Bible is infallible while the other Christian groups view the Bible as a work of man which was inspired by God. Meaning that people can misunderstand God and right things which are incorrect.

And fundalmentalists Catholics.

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

No, catholics believe the bible was inspired by God, and only the Church can "infallibly" interpret it.

That means that everyone else (you, me, protestants, etc) can read the bible and get it wrong
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Mel isn't a "real" Catholic, he doesn't recognize Vatican2.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Yes , he is a schismatic (from a roman catholic point of view)

From his point of view the catholic church hprobably has been coopted by masons or something like that.
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

Masons? I'd've figured Jews. Or Englishmen. Or English Jews.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The all seeing eye knows all.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Jewish English directors of the Masonic order.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I need to know more about the history of the Indian civilization before I can discuss this.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X