Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disturbing Christian material . . . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing Christian material . . . . . . . .

Here I quote to you an extract from the Student-Parent handbook of the Christian Village School .

INTRODUCTION

The Village Christian Middle and High School Student-Parent Handbook is your guide to a successful
    school year. The handbook details our spiritual goals and many aspects of campus life that affect the lives
    of our students and the operation of VCS.
    The handbook is expected to be read carefully by both parents and students. This information will help you
    understand what VCS has to offer you, and in addition, what is expected of students and parents in order to
    have a successful year, which will glorify our Lord Jesus Christ!
    II Timothy 3:16-17 states, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for
    reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly
    furnished unto all good works." Therefore, this is the foundation for the teaching of faith and for giving
    direction to one's life.

STATEMENT OF FAITH

1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.[1]

2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious
    and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of
    the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.[1]

4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely
    essential.[1]

5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live
    a godly life; and by whose infilling the believer is equipped for service.

6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of
    life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
    [1]

7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers of Christ.
    To amplify our Statement of Faith, we also believe:
    That the principle emphasis of the school is to encourage and to lead students to accept Jesus Christ as their
    Savior and to commit themselves to Christ as Lord of their lives.
    [1]

That the Bible is relevant to current social, political, and moral events; therefore, we seek to teach
    scriptural principles, apply them to daily living, and integrate them into the academic fields.

That in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) we desire to effect the spiritual maturity of the
    Christian students, to equip the student to lead others to Jesus Christ, and to train students to be sensitive to
    God's leading toward service for Him at home or abroad.

That evil and sin are to know and understand by precept, not by experience or by the concentrated study
    thereof.

That every soul is of equal importance to God; therefore, we do not accept any form of discrimination.

That the home, church, and school should compliment each other to develop the student's spiritual,
    academic, social and physical growth.

That Village Christian Schools offer the best educational opportunities possible while utilizing the best
    facilities and equipment available.

That the guiding principles for the school are found in God's Word, such as excellent instructions in daily
    living found in Colossians 3:1-17 and the importance of our responsibility found in Hebrews 13:17.

Therefore, any behavior which is not pleasing to God is subject to corrective counseling and, if necessary,
    appropriate discipline.
    [2]

That students are to respect spiritual things, governments and flag, teachers and other school employees,
    school property, fellow students, and the rights of others.

That the administration reserves the right to withdraw any student who is undermining, by his/her attitude
    or actions, the principles of Christian education which Village stands for, whether or not he/she conforms
    to specific regulations.
    [2]

JUST HOW NONDENOMINATIONAL ARE WE?

Village Christian Schools, while a nondenominational school by affiliation, statement of faith, which
    clearly presents the Bible to be "the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God." While we are
    not a church, we do and will teach truth, which is God's Word. Any dogma, doctrine, or other concepts that
    contradict, add to, or subtract from the completed Word of God as presented in the sixty-six books of the
    Bible will be held up and judged against the Bible for trustworthiness. Anything, which contradicts by
    omission and commission, God's completed Word will be presented as such in class discussions, lectures,
    chapels, or whenever questions on these issues are dealt with.
    [1]

While it is not the school's desire to antagonize, attack or single out different denominations and religious
    groups, those that deny or add to the Bible as the only authoritative Word of God must be exposed as
    counterfeits.
    By definition a counterfeit is a close facsimile of the real thing made with the intention to
    deceive. Satan would have us deceived. Thus, Village Christian Schools' position on such groups or beliefs,
    which perverts the truth of God’s Word, is to acknowledge it as a counterfeit. Teachers have the freedom to
    answer questions that come up in class discussions or to make presentations as a part of their curriculum
    that would judge such groups in light of God's Word.
    The flip side to the above questions come in terms of making dogmatic interpretations of subjective
    passages of Scripture (i.e. The timing of the second coming of Christ, eternal security, gifts of the Holy
    Spirit, etc.). In these questions, where we are not questioning the "inspired, only infallible, authoritative
    Word of God" but rather looking at various interpretations of the Scriptures themselves the school takes a
    nondenominational position. In this regard Village Christian Schools would present what the Scriptures say
    and whenever appropriate present the various passages of Scripture concerning the same topic. Then we
    would ask the student to talk to his/her parents and pastor to come to the interpretation that they would
    hold. If a teacher were asked what he believed he would have the freedom to non-dogmatically present his
    belief based on specific Scriptures. In no instance would the school wish to make an issue over matters of various interpretations of a subjective passage of Scripture.
    Finally, Village Christian Schools' Articles of faith cover those areas in which the school holds to a
    dogmatic doctrinal position and are published in our literature and application material. We will never
    compromise these cardinal truths.
    [1][2]

Bible Class: As per School Board Policy, Bible class is required for all students, for every semester,
    and is a requirement for Senior Graduation. Although students are not required to profess
    Christianity, antagonism to the Gospel of Jesus Christ may result in removal from Village Christian
    Schools.
    [1][2]
    [1] There goes religious tolerance and respect for other religions out the window .

[2] So now you have to confirm or get thrown out ? WTF ? What about the students who have been put there by orthodox Christian parents ? Imagine what they will have to suffer through - having to suppress your beliefs all the time in school , not daring to voice your opinion for fear that you will be expelled and thus catch it from their parents . What sort of sick intellectual climate is this ?

How prevalent is this type of education in the USA ?

This school alone caters to 1800 students . I wonder - what effect does this indoctrination and intimidation ( there is no other word for it ) have on their long-term development ?

I myself studied in a Hindu liberal fundamentalists school ( yes , they do exist ) . Their stance was that of the typical Hindu liberal fundemantalist - all religions are equal , all provide a path to moksha/salvation/enlightenment/nirvana , and if you dare to differ and say that some religion is worse or better than any other , then you are a bigot/fascist/hate-monger/usual-PC-crap . There was one exception - you could criticise Hinduism and get away with it . Maybe I should call them liberal Hindu mashochist fundamenatlists - because they were all devout Hindus , were all liberals , and all hated any criticism of any religion except their own , and were deeply pained by criticism of their own religion , but still it was the only criticism they would tolerate .

The end result was that almost everyone in my school became an atheist or something similar - there was absolutely no other way to rebel against a doctrine whose only message was the equality of all religions and sanctity of all religions . You couldn't rebel by converting to some other religion - because these people embraced all religions . You couldn't rebel by becoming more orthodox - because then only you would look silly . So the only option left was to cut links with religion altogether . That's what most people did . Then , after leaving school , they mostly realised that their religion consisted of much more than what was taught to them as school - because usually nothing was taught at school except the vaguest of praises of all religions , so as not to compromise the secular and liberal character of the school .

One of the students of this same Christian school has gone on to make a documentary called "The God Who Wasn't There" , about the problems posed by resurgent orthodox Christainity in America . This is where I got wind of this Christian school's doings .

What I dislike about such places - both the liberal fundie ones , and the orthodox fundie ones - is that they create people with sekwed perspectives . The freethinking people who attend a liberal fundamentalist stronghold will be more likely to miss out on what religion really means , whereas if the same people attend an orthodox fundemanetlist school , their perception of religion will be coloured with the regressive tendencies these places promote . Both of them lead to people missing out on the beauty of the religious experience , whether personal or communal ( depending on the person and the religion , of course ) . Both places curb free inquiry and a proper study of religion , thus crippling their wards' religious growth - the fundie hates inquiry for obvious reasons , whereas the liberal hates inquiry because it might go against taboo of not criticising religion and not judging it .

In India , we have the reverse problem . The "secular" governemnt will never tolerate a Hindu religious school like the Christian one I mentioned here . If a school tried to teach that the Vedas were the infallible word of God , and that society and the individual should be moulded around their doctrine ( an incredibly diffucult task - the Vedas contain almost nothing specific about how society should be , they're mostly praises of Gods , chants for sacrificial performances , or descriptions of classical music ) , the "liberals" would be howling like rabid dogs in about 3.74 seconds about "Hindu fundamentalists" trying to "rip apart the secular fabric of our society" , even if these Hindu teachers advocated tolerance towards all ( though they will , of course , give a free pass to a number of Muslim madarsas which openly preach hate and terrorism ) . Hell , there are questions being raised about perfectly secular schools which follow the national syllabus and are affiliated with the government educational body just because the organisation which happens to run them is a Hindu one .

Should such schools be allowed to operate ? If so , then should their syllabus be regulated by the state ? My personal answer to these questions is Yes and No , respectively . What's your opinion on this ?

religions are evil

worship me instead
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Religions are stupid. Throw rocks at them.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

This is obviously a private school. Most students in America go to public school, where we replace religious indoctrination with twenty year old textbooks, underpaid teachers, and standardized tests.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I don't see a problem with a Christian school teaching stuff like that.

I do have a problem with christian school, but that's beside the point...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The middle class and above in India send their children to private schools , because the public education system is non-existent . Because the market demands it , private schools exist for all sections of the market - from the rich schools demanding vast amounts of money , to the lower-middle-class private school which tries to focus on academics and not much else , and everything in between .

What is disturbing is that a child who realises he is an atheist will have to daily hear the exhortations of his peers and superiors about his damnation and tortures in hell , and will have to suppress his own views so as not to get thrown out , because his Christian parents put him there .

Comment

1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.

That one is some scary fundie stuff. Especially since it can be shown that the Bible, like the Koran, is full of contradictions and demonstrably false statements. Infallible my foot.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Um, actually most christians believe that the bible is the word of God, and thereby authoritative and infallible. The failing is in the interpreter, not the Word.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

My understanding is that only the most fundimentalist Protestants believe the Bible is infallible while the other Christian groups view the Bible as a work of man which was inspired by God. Meaning that people can misunderstand God and right things which are incorrect.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I only read the first two bolded bits bit didn't see anything wrong with them.

Most Christians think that the Bible is the infallable Word of God, the question is just in what way is it infallable, and in what way is it the Word of God.

If you don't beleive in the Bible, you don't have a lot to Christianity (well, Catholics have tradition).

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That's right. They write things that aren't always exactly right.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

[1] There goes religious tolerance and respect for other religions out the window .

Um, bad stuff happening to bad people is a pretty universal feature of religions. This is even dumber than your Islam-trolls.

Comment

Yeah, I just read the first two bolded bits and then decided his post was stupid.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Um, bad stuff happening to bad people is a pretty universal feature of religions. This is even dumber than your Islam-trolls.
                            I don't get you . What precisely are you trying to say ?

Comment

There are plenty of people who don't think you have to be Christian to be saved aneeshm.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X