No announcement yet.

Well, it is not Castro, but.... Stroessner died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was a stabilizing influence to have in the area during the Cold War. And I believe his country saw some gradual economic development during his 35 years in power.
    There was a huge economic bubble during the 1970s because of a rather large dam built with Brazil. It burst when the dam was completed in 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

You would sentence someone to listen to polka music? What kind of bastard are you?
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Personally, I prefer throwing my commies from helicopters. That way, they are extra tender when I fry them up later.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
          I never heard that, and a google search of stroessner polka chainsaw only gives me 11 results, one being apolyton, and the other 10 unrelated ----------------------
          You'll notice that Paraguayan history is poorly served by the interweb. About three years back I was trying to research the 1947 Civil War only to find that none of the major search engines had even heard of it.

The chainsawing was done by Pastor Coronel, who was a real treasure.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

the second was having political opponents thrown out of aeroplanes, leaving the Paraguayan landscape liberally dotted with splats of dissident puree.
            Now we know where Fez got that from.

Comment

No, Fez got that from argentine military dictatorship, who put the dissidents into containers or drug them and then throw them into the ocean from helicopters or planes.

Search "vuelos de la muerte"
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
              X