No announcement yet.

Well, it is not Castro, but.... Stroessner died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp the second was having political opponents thrown out of aeroplanes, leaving the Paraguayan landscape liberally dotted with splats of dissident puree
    YOU CRIMINAL!
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
      He was a stabilizing influence to have in the area during the Cold War. And I believe his country saw some gradual economic development during his 35 years in power.

But I have no doubts as to his darker side. Most dictators have one, you know. But again, the hypocrisy is stunning. People pile hate upon hate toward Stroessner and Pinochet, but Castro is just so cool, you know.

Never heard of Stroessner bringing the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation.
      You actually compare Stroessner to Castro???

Well, Laz said it all, I suppose...
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

You actually compare Stroessner to Castro???
        Technically, I didn't compare them!!!

But I'd have no qualms doing so!!!

Castro is not the human deity you make him out to be!!!

BTW, sporting him for your avatar has made you more hip, how???

Comment

He was also a paedophile, and had the Secretary-General of the Paraguayan communist party chainsawed to death to the accompaniment of polka music. I know there's a school of thought that says one shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but Stroessner was evil.

Actually that sounds pretty cool.

Comment

I never heard that, and a google search of stroessner polka chainsaw only gives me 11 results, one being apolyton, and the other 10 unrelated ----------------------
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
              I never heard that, and a google search of stroessner polka chainsaw only gives me 11 results, one being apolyton, and the other 10 unrelated ----------------------
              "Chainsaw Polka" OTOH brings plenty of hits - I think we've found Alfie's soundtrack:

Unbelievable!

Comment

Too bad that was of old age.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  He was also a paedophile, and had the Secretary-General of the Paraguayan communist party chainsawed to death to the accompaniment of polka music. I know there's a school of thought that says one shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but Stroessner was evil.

You would sentence someone to listen to polka music? What kind of bastard are you?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

He could have been suggesting that being a paedophile sounds cool, or that speaking ill of the dead sounds cool. But Chainsaws are cool no matter what music is being played as an accompaniment (except maybe the Spice Girls).
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

The spice girls were cool in a KISS kind of way, the pop groups that followed their success (backstreet boys etc) were uncool
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        He was also a paedophile

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Dead Nazis
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X