No announcement yet.

Board Game Thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gaming group tried its hand at designing roleplaying games a few times, but we eventually decided that such projects were just too big. There was so much work that had to be done before we had anything even approximating a playable system. We created rule after rule, but never tested these rules, and never figured out, firsthand, what did and didn't work.

With a boardgame, we can set up a few basic principles, cobble together pieces from other games (currently, Civilization and Twilight Imperium), and then just sit down and play. And after seeing if the mechanics work - that is, actually function to create something resembling a game - we can go ahead and flesh things out, make things more interesting.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

you are in MD, right?

You play Avalon Hill's Civ?

I would be interested in playing at some point in time, honestly.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Really!? We always want more people to play that one. It's so hard to find enough gamers to put together a good game of Civilization; it's a long game.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Uh. That would be a yes. I do live in Maryland.

Comment

I have played some 60 games of it. I will probably be up for a while in Mid Sept.

JM
            (I haven't played since college though)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              *appears*

Nebelwerfer Smoke Screens, I have 2 boxes somewhere.

*vanishes*

He's online right now, too.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                I fall into too many of the above boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  I have played some 60 games of it. I will probably be up for a while in Mid Sept.

JM
                  (I haven't played since college though)
                  Well... that's quite a bit more than I've played, I'm sure. I haven't kept count, but maybe a couple dozen games for me?

Comment

if you want cardboard pieces

get into

Adavced
                    Squad
                    Leader
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Yeah, I have that.. don't have anyone to play with though.

I have played in two ASL tourneyments.. went about even in both of them..

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Advanced Squad Leader, though I know of it, is slightly before my time. Never had a chance to play it.

Comment

Working...
                        X