Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best movie you've seen so far this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best movie you've seen so far this year?

For me, it was Inside Man by a country mile.

If you are even a little bit interested in heist films, or cop films, or Spike Lee films, or Denzel Washington films, or Clive Owen films, I can not recommend it highly enough.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Thank you for smoking

It had one of the tightest scripts I've seen in a while, it was well acted, and funny. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Tsotsi was pretty good.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I've only seen two so far, The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada and The Cave of the Yellow Dog. I can recommend both of them.

Three Burials starts of a bit bad, mostly because of the confusing editing/chronology of it. It reminded me a bit too much of 21 Grams there, which I didn't like. But that ends after a while and it gets better and better towards the end.

They're both 2005 films, though. I bet the first is long gone from theatres now, and the second hard to find playing anywhere.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

hmmmm..

Little Miss Sunshine was great, but I also liked Brick, and The Death of Mr. Lazarescu
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Was Syriana this year?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

A Scanner Darkly. The worst? The Da Vinci Code. But I've only seen 4.

Syriana was last year.
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

I see a lot, on account of being young and going out a lot and whatnot.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Inside Man, X Men: The Last Stand, and Superman Returns lead a fairly weak crop of movies so far this year.

The Breakup is decent. Mission Impossible III is borderline decent.

You, Me, and Dupree is one of the many bad movies of late.

Worst movie I've seen this year is easily When a Stranger Calls. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Little Man was worse.

edit: I forgot that Poseidon was this year. That one's terrible too, although not nearly as bad as some of the previous ones mentioned.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The Wrath of Khan.

(Only movie I've seen this year.)
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

In serious movies - Yun Hota to Kya Hota .

In comedies , at least till now - Golmaal .

Comment

Why would anyone discuss the best movies of the year before Snakes on a Plane comes out?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Lucky Number Slevin

Comment

Little Man
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Thank You for Smoking

V for Vendetta
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

End of the Spear
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X