Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best movie you've seen so far this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly bloom

So were 'Fantasia' and 'Fantastic Planet'/La Planete Sauvage and 'Animal Farm'.
    'Fantasia' is for kids and 'Animal Farm' is not even a cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

'Fantasia' is for kids
      'Fantasia' is not 'just for kids' .

and 'Animal Farm' is not even a cartoon.

Uh-huh.

Care to change your mind any time soon ?
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Christ Molly, are you really that humourless or are you just having a "slow" day mentally? And your delight in (incorrectly) thinking you have caught someody out over a cartoon is slightly worrying.

As much as I'd like to post a link to the cover to the "other" Animal Farm, I think I'd better not.

BTW Fantasia is just for kids...it a Mickey Mouse film for fooks sake!

Comment

Comment

Since Pirates II is the only one I've gone to see this year, it wins by default.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Christ Molly, are you really that humourless

Yes.

And your delight in (incorrectly) thinking you have caught someody out over a cartoon is slightly worrying.

But not surprising.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                Christ Molly, are you really that humourless or are you just having a "slow" day mentally? And your delight in (incorrectly) thinking you have caught someody out over a cartoon is slightly worrying.

As much as I'd like to post a link to the cover to the "other" Animal Farm, I think I'd better not.

BTW Fantasia is just for kids...it a Mickey Mouse film for fooks sake!

If I'm posting about cartoons and mention a film called 'Animal Farm' then obviously I mean a cartoon and not a dubious compilation of short films involving bestiality, don't you think ?

or are you just having a "slow" day mentally?

Good grief. And so what if a film has Mickey Mouse in it ? The idea that 'Fantasia' is 'just a kids' film' is so inane, I don't where to start.

How silly of Disney to imagine that they could actually create something adults might want to watch with a great classical music score and hugely advanced cartoon art.

And your delight in (incorrectly) thinking you have caught someody out over a cartoon is slightly worrying.
                No I just think it's tragic that someone who can dismiss a work because

Its a cartoon!
                hasn't seen or heard of the cartoon version of Orwell's 'Animal Farm'.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

You have my sympathy reds4ever.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                    You have my sympathy reds4ever.
                    Why thank you Colon. I know I'm going to regret this but why?

Comment

Molly, I've seen Orwells Animal Farm on several occasions (and read the book) and fully understand the underlying message of the farm representing the class struggle and the threat of communism.

I think I was right with "humourless"

Comment

You didn't seem to be taking my post in good humour either. (or maybe I'm not grasping the humour in your respons)
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                          You didn't seem to be taking my post in good humour either. (or maybe I'm not grasping the humour in your respons)
                          Maybe the was the wrong smilie!!

Comment

Told you so...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Oh right, I got it.

Let's just stick to Snakes in a Plane jokes from now on.

BTW: best 2006 movie I've seen so far was Marie-Antoinette. That it's also the only 2006 movie I've seen so far shouldn't really detract from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Told you so...
                                Indeed you did!

His discription of the other 'Animal Farm' was pretty accurate though, makes you think, eh?
                                Last edited by reds4ever; August 1, 2006, 09:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X