Europe may be drawn into Mideast conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    They could do some good as long as they go after the terrorists that launch rockets. If they just hang out without the authority to do anything (like the UN) then there's no point in their deployment, they just get in Israel's way.
    UN is as effective as the members want it to be.

Didn't US just veto a sieze fire resolution?

The UN troops should be given some teeth, so they can bite back whenever some idiots target them.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Si.

The UN troops should be given some teeth, so they can bite back whenever some idiots target them.
      I don't mind a bit more. If they are supposed to protect people such as in Srebrenice then they should have both the power and the mandate to act. It's probably not nessecary in Lebanon, but would be relevant in Darfur.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Didn't US just veto a sieze fire resolution?

Why stop the attack when the objectives haven't been achieved? Israel wants it's soldier(s) back and to kill the people launching rockets into their towns, homes, yards, killing their families. I say go in and win, then stop shooting.

"The UN troops should be given some teeth, so they can bite back whenever some idiots target them. "

QFT Also so they can achieve their objective, stopping the rockets and terrorist incursions. I'm not sure those are their objectives but if not, they shouldn't be there.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          Sava, lol, you know that I'll most likely, IF I GET CHOSEN, will be patrolling some streets and talking to locals and trying to figure things how they can be helped like uuh is there a better way we get the water to the village or some small things like that.
          If you want to start talking to them now, this link will take you there,.http://www.ipl.org/div/news/browse/MEA/ find a Middle Eastern paper that has a forum, and you can start a dailouge now

Comment

Originally posted by realpolitic

If you want to start talking to them now, this link will take you there,.http://www.ipl.org/div/news/browse/MEA/ find a Middle Eastern paper that has a forum, and you can start a dailouge now
            Just a minor problem - all lebanese sites are in arabic.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So is the Pope heading for Clermont soon? Are templars and hospitalers resurrected? Ahh, too bad most of the territory of the Kingdom of Jerusalem is now Israel. Well, then we could just conquer and plunder Constantinople for another time, who cares if they are our allies now.
              Blah

Comment

Let's plunder Baghdad then - d'oh!

Damascus! Cairo!

Comment

Subtle U.S. diplomacy pours petrol on troubled waters:

The White House has dismissed UK concerns about the use of Prestwick Airport, in Scotland, by US planes carrying bombs to Israel.

"Apparently, the British foreign minister thinks the paperwork was not in order," said spokesman Tony Snow.

"The Department of Defense does," he added. "We'll get it straightened out."
                  BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                  Attached Files
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

An alliance with the strongest player in the system will result in slavery. Mearsheimer

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Mearsheimer

" Smoke more pipe tobacco." Meerschaumer

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I think it's pronounced Mears-heimer anyway, but if you must...

Do you know German or is it just random tinkering with the language you've been demonstrating?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

Do you know German or is it just random tinkering with the language you've been demonstrating?
                          I studied it to 'O' level, then years later my partner started flying from a gliding site in Victoria, Australia where one of Germany's great gliding champion flies from (and many other Germans, Swedes and Dutch people too).

Oh, and I've been a Kraftwerk fan since 1974. Ralf & Florian

Germany

Comment

Well you've been toying with words and punning, 'O' level must be ziemlich hoch

Comment

The globalists appear to be fearmongering and warmongering this invasion of Lebanon into being the perfect segue for their transition into a wider conflict. That conflict being World War III. Syria and Iran are the probable targets for this. It seems that we can expect an Israeli or American attack on Iran by the end of the year, unless it is delayed.

Oh, I have also heard that the globalists will allow China invade Taiwan in exchange for the US occupying the western oil-rich provinces of Iran.

With these escalations things will, well, escalate further most likely. And this will draw in Europe in some way. Probably in a way that will allow the UN to plant its vile roots in more nations; this will be the furtherance of the creation of the global state. That is, if the globalists decide that way is the most prudent.
                              "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Send the French?

Well...at least somebody over there might surrender then...

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X