No announcement yet.

Europe may be drawn into Mideast conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see US troops mentioned either.

Perhaps they will show up late yet again.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It's about Europe. USA isn't part of Europe, and we don't care what France decides to (not) do.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
        The "terrists", Sava?
        That's how ignorant Americans say "terrorists".

WE GOTTA KILL ALL THE TERRIST BASTARDS!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          It's about Europe.USA isn't part of Europe, and we don't care what France decides to (not) do.
          News flash for you Sloww - Canada isn't in Europe either.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It isn't? Well damn. Caught me on that one.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well this is good news, I hope they go. Obviously it is pointless to send Americans in there, we have enough of a bad rap as is, we'd just be seen as joining the Israeli occupiers or something.

Maybe the Euros can be seen as being more unbiased.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Pekka, just remember not to shoot at noisy guys on top of minareths. If you do, Ms Halonen will invite you to her office the same afternoon.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Well.. it'll be a long time from this point if I get chosen, because this next group will be signing commitment for .. the year 2007.. so I think if I get chosen, I'll be signing for the year 2008... so a long time. But it's ok, I'm not in a hurry.

And I remember that story, I still wonder how the hell that happened.. I believe the story but.. trust me, it never got press here
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Maybe the Euros can be seen as being more unbiased.
                    Not bloody likely. Teh orignal crusaders come back.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Teh orignal crusaders
                      I like that

it would make a good movie title I think
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You know what guys.. I'll start the crusades if I get there. I'm a Jesus warrior and I'm not afraid to open up some things.. yeah.. let's get it on. I figure we're going to battle, the question is when and who gets to fire the first rounds. Why not me? When I die, and God is waiting for me.. he asks me 'So Pekka.. I know you're cool because I made you. However.. why did you start the war personally like that?'..

I'd cough, stand straight and say 'Yes Lord, I made the first kill for you. I don't know if I got anyone else because I died during it and frankly I can't remember after I got shot in the head, but I think I was able to spray all my magazines so with any luck, there's people coming to you after my turn so... I figure maybe 3 or 4.. '

'Yes my son but why?'

'I know you're God, but only you can answer that question. You made me. I basically did what you wanted, yes? I mean, you made me. Don't hate the player, hate the game G'

And then I go to heaven and have my name in the history books as the one who started the final battle that we won.

YES!" Can't wait..
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

AFAIK the german government said that they only want to send troops to lebanon if Hezbollah agrees to disamrm pcefully therefore it´s probably unlikely that germany will send troops to lebanon
                          If we really finally send some troops I hope there won´t be any israeli jets or artillery pieces around that drop bombs, missiles or shells onto the heads of UN troops
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                            ---
                            If we really finally send some troops I hope there won´t be any israeli jets or artillery pieces around that drop bombs, missiles or shells onto the heads of UN troops
                            Or if that's the case, let's hope the UN troops are Danes armed with Leos and Ålborg
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

They could do some good as long as they go after the terrorists that launch rockets. If they just hang out without the authority to do anything (like the UN) then there's no point in their deployment, they just get in Israel's way.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Or if that's the case, let's hope the UN troops are Danes armed with Leos and Ålborg
                                Sorry, no danes to Lebanon - too busy at other places. If anything, it will be a ship.

Some boxes of red ålborg can of course be shipped, but I'm a little unsecure about the effects on the recipients if they are not scandinavians.
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X