No announcement yet.

Some support..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, yeah they have screwed up with the managment situation. This is not shocking news to me. But the fact remains, if I take charge and just go now, there will be production halt in an area that just can't handle it. If I 'screw it' and go, I'm a dead man as far as career goes. I'm not sure if they could even sue me for it since it's.. if you knew the area I'm working in and what it consists of, youd' realize how serious the situation is. Basicalyl I think they might even sue me if I leave.

Not that I care if they sued me. But I do care that I don't screw up the thing I've been working hard for few years now.

So yeah, I'm a traitor. I hope he makes it to the next week, I might be able to score some time off.

Ideological thinking does not help right now, I've already missed a wedding of my relative, the .. event when a baby is born and is celebrated of a friend of mine, and I've missed my own sick time (had to work sick that is), basically the ONLY way I can get a leave is FOR a funeral. That's it. Period. If I was one of my emplyoees, I could get leave easy, even if I wanted to go on a drinking bindge. But for me, it's just not the same.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Don't ask to go. Tell them you're going.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My sypathies. I have been where you are, stuck with "important" work that suddenly doesn't seem so important. Unable to go to the side of an important person in your life is dying. From the sound of it, he's essentially gone already. If so, you can talk to him in that form from anywhere. So sit down and have a one-sided conversation about what you want to tell him, how you feel, thanks and all that. He'll hear you, and you can make some peace. If you go to him, that conversation will be the same, and the memory of his poor deathbed self will most likely haunt you.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Sloww, and who should I tell, they are on vacation now? If I leave, the production stops. We are not producing candy bars.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Blaupanzer, You know I actually think so too, about the deathbed haunting me.. He is ... in practice he is pretty much a goner, unconscious etc.. What pisses me off is that when it happens, (could have already happened) I don't get a time off... I can't go and find a special place and just relax and think. I have no privacy basically. For the funeral, yes I get a leave but... that's not much. The best part, they'll prolly force me to go on this system of pay, where they basically force me to cut down my overtime works, meaning that they will not let me go there and pay for it normally, because I have worked overtime, they'll just use that. YEah, it's pretty sick. I won't accept it but I know they'll try it. At that point they can start sticking it.
            In da butt.

Comment

It's really weird.. now I feel good again. Now I almost feel like a beautiful thing is happening.. not in a sick twisted way though.. more like.. he's going to a better place, you know. He made his mark. He should go as a happy man, at least he should. I'm proud of him as a man in every possible way. In moments like this you start to really appreciate people, even if you did it before.

Well.. the only true suckage will be the relatives and other hawks and scanvegers after he is gone. It will get ugly. Right now I just block them out of my thoughts. It's going to be OK.
              In da butt.

Comment

Nice recovery. Hang on to that while everyone else strives to be the "most hurt" or whatever. Peace.
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Thanks.. yeah.. I guess I'll have some replaces to self pity during these times but at least I know I can be on the up and up, I know everything will be fine with him and that's all that matters right now.

now.. to work ->
                  In da butt.

Comment

my sympathies and good luck to you and your family.

i hope he doesn't suffer too much.
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I don't know how much suffer there is.. it's evidently pretty bad, going in for your hernia, having to empty youself by puking and getting pneumonia from that, lasting for a whole week, going into the state of unconsciousness and back etc... the breathing is also going on and off..

But thanks for your words. I still hope there's a miracle but .. it seems pretty hopeless now.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Update?

Comment

No update yet....
                          In da butt.

Comment

Update, and it's my pleasure to tell it's a good one.

Against all odds, my grandpa has survived the difficult pneumonia... it was like any second now he will go, it only got worse and worse and he was hardly even conscious half the time but them *BOOM*, he started recovering as he was already slipping away... now he is off the 'death bed' and recovering. He is still very weak and has lost weight because he couldn't eat and stuff, but now he can eat again and slowly recovering...They even let him have a phone next to his bed so tomorrow I can call him up!!

Feels so good... because everyone was like he's going to die right now, right now, there will be no tomorrow.. everyone, doctors, everyone, there was like no chance anymore. But then a small miracle happened.

It's so cool, because Saturday night I had this dream where I dreamt that he came to me and was smiling. He was talking normally (he has alzheimers and some speech problems), and saying he's fine. It was a dream but I remember it vividly, because it was so intense. Then for some reason his finger started approaching my forehead and he touched me with his finger. Over and over again. I don't know why. It was like he couldn't control it, but that was cool because he was talking again. Most likely this was just a dream of drunken stupor because I was out the whole weekend and when I get drunk, I see weird dreams like that.

I woke up and thought, wow, maybe he died last night and came to speak with me. I was kind of uncomfortable so I didn't have the guts to call my aunt and ask. But now, it seems like he will recover some and they will do the operation (hernia) later on this year so he will be strong enough. What a fighter!!!!! Awesome warrior stuff.. yeah.. Makes me feel happy. Better than money, or anything, it's just something you can't put a value on.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Congrats, mate.

Comment

Congrats

Now, treat him nice
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X