Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the perfect Martini and is there one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes the perfect Martini and is there one?

Got to thinking about this today what exactly makes the perfect Martini in your book. Shaken? Stired? Dirty? With Onion or without? What is the perfect Martini?
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

From a "martinti" site on the web:

In his superb book, The Martini, author Barnaby Conrad III says this:

"The Perfect Martini, as an idea, has infinite possibilities. For me, the Dry Martini remains an American symbol of elusive perfection, a kind of pagan Holy Grail. The dedicated Martini drinker views this deceptively simple cocktail as a true if fleeting, salvation, ... As in religion, one may not have actually witnessed the Conception of the Perfect Martini, but one accepts on faith that it exists, and that it takes away the sins of the earth."

Comment

Gin martini, only half a splash of vermouth, stirred not shaken
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

This looks like a job for Danny Jotojot!

Comment

The martini is a drink for pretentious fops and Bond wannabes. Therefore, by definition, there is no such thing as a "perfect martini."

Give me a good Kentucky or Tennessee bourbon, straight up, anytime, over that poofter drink.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
            The martini is a drink for pretentious fops and Bond wannabes. Therefore, by definition, there is no such thing as a "perfect martini."

Give me a good Kentucky or Tennessee bourbon, straight up, anytime, over that poofter drink.
            Barbarian!
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Bourbon is for hippies
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Dirty gin martini, just a whiff of vermouth, up. Given that gin makes up so much of the volume of the martini, it's very important that you start with good gin. Bad gin makes bad martinis. Recommended: Tanqueray, or (better yet) Tanqueray 10, or Bombay Sapphire.

Comment

The best bottle of Whiskey evah was a bottle of Early Times which contained a glowstick so that it wouldn't get lost as it was sitting about 5 miles south of the north trail head of the Lost Cove on the Mendicino coast. It was shared amongst four friends under a grinning moon with some commet we never figured out how to pronounce shinning over the darkened pacific ocean that errupted from time to time as the migrating whales came up to breathe.

The best drink ain't always about what's in it.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Btw, to reiterate, STIRRED, not shaken. Maybe some people like their martini's brused, but not I.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Japh: Hyakutake?

Comment

sure
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Comment

sounds about right, it was spring break for us
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Doesn't spring break involve totally uncontrolled masses of students on beaches, hooting at nude breasts and excessive drug abuse?

Comment

Working...
                              X