Norad goes on heightened state of alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norad goes on heightened state of alert

Kind of slow news day. So lets spice it up a bit!

From KRDO-TV 13 in Colorado Springs

--------------------------------
    An Air Force installation in Colorado Springs and one near Denver are operating with heightened security.

The Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, which houses NORAD, is now at "Bravo-Plus".

There are five levels of alert: normal, Alpha (low), Bravo (medium), Charlie (high) and Delta (critical). “Bravo-Plus” is slightly higher than a medium threat level.

Space Command would not comment on the reason for the security increase.

The order also affects Vandenberg Air Force Base in California and Patrick air force base in Florida.

---------------------------------------------------

Interesting. There's a multitude of things currently going on that could cause NORAD to go on heightened alert status. North Korea might finally be thinking about launching that missle they have on the pad. Also, there's the meteor that is passing very close to earth in the next few hours. Called XP2004. Rumor on the internet has it a Scientist from Nasa made a miscalculation and was gagged after trying to warn the media.

The last time this happened was right before Y2k.

Vandenberg is a missle base.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Asteroid name is "2004 XP14":

2004 XP14 was discovered on 10 Dec. 2004 by LINEAR and announced the next day, which is when JPL posted it with impact solutions. NEODyS posted it on the 12th. On 20 Dec. both risk monitors elevated this object to Torino Scale 1 (a routine alert that an object "merits special monitoring") for an impact solution in 2077, but the following day NEODyS eliminated that solution, which had been its only, and JPL lowered this object to TS-0 ("no likely consequence").

Until it was removed from the SCN Priority List after 9 Jan., 2004 XP14 was noted as being in view until February 23rd, and it was last reported on Jan. 11th. On March 17th it was reported that Mt. John Obs. had caught it the day before, and JPL removed its remaining impact solutions

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Vandenberg, Home of the USAF 30th Space Wing
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

And the shuttle didnt launch

Now nothing can stop it!

Well this is kind of creepy. Both bases are home to the 35th and 40th Space Defense Wing.

Comment

wow im totally getting the facts wrong. Ill stop posting wow.

Comment

Future activities include operational missiles to provide missile defense for the western United States.
              Future activities?
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                It is a missile base. But it's name is Vandenberg Air Force Base.

Comment

Your nomenclatura makes a lot of sense.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

When I was in junior high and high school (grades 7-12), I lived in nearby Santa Maria. We got so used to the missile tests, we could distinguish between the firing of a solid-fuel Minuteman and a liquid-fuel Titan II.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

It is a missile base. But it's name is Vandenberg Air Force Base.
                      Jackass! I know that! I was at Travis.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Ah! So you were just adding in additional information. It looked as if you were attempting to correct the opening post. Didn't mean to offend.

Comment

Well, I guess that's ok then. Yes. Additional info.

Comment

Why the hell do you give military bases Belgian surnames anyway?
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

All Americans came from somewhere else, Bright Eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X