No announcement yet.

World Cup prediction thread - Knockout Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, it's ref's fault that players of both teams played dirty as hell, he should have just step aside and let them kill each other, right?

Like I tried to say, the players weren't playing dirty (Except Boularousz' attack on Ronaldo, which was more stupidity in my eyes then dirty though)
    There weren't much faults (there were less faults in this game as in Italy-France!!!)

And yes, there were some incidents when the game was paused, but that was more a result of the referee who didn't had control over the game.

I'm not saying that the cards should be in doubt or not. I just say: the game wasn't hard and the players weren't playing dirty. Deco got a red card for trowing not giving the ball. The red card for van Bronckhorst was for a fault that wasn't really bad either, surely not dirty. Of course Figo's headbutt was dirty, but that's about it. And I blame the ref for that.

Keep your money where your mouth is, name all dirty faults that were committed. Prove that this game was dirty. I think that most people just say that the match was dirty because there were 4 red cards.

Btw, Blatter apologized for publicly insulting the referee. He didn't say that he thought that the referee did a good job.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Delete function doesn't seem to work. Sorry, misread the opening.
      Last edited by Thedrin; July 5, 2006, 18:41.
      LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

• Thedrin, we're not debating if the cards were justified, we're debating if the match was dirty.
        Deco's card was justified (for yellow, the referee should've restrained himself b/c it was the 2nd). Deco's card was not for a dirty fault.

There can be two debates:
        1. The cards were unjustified
        2. The match was dirty

Focus on #2 and forget #1 please.

Comment

• Maybe you should all focus on predicting the results for the last two matches.

Italy-France 0-0
          Germany-Portugal 2-2
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Italy-France 1-1
            Germany-Portugal 2-0

Comment

• Italy-France 1-0 ( I so hope I'm wrong)
              Germany-Portugal 3-0
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

• Italy-France 0-2
                Germany-Portugal 2-0
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Italy-France 1-0 (malheureusement)
                  Germany-Portugal 2-0

Comment

• Italy vs France 0-1
                    Portugal vs Germany 1-3
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Italy vs France 2-0
                      Portugal vs Germany 0-1

Comment

• France 1-0 Italy
                        Germany 2-0 Portugal

Comment

• Italy - France: 2-0

Portugal - Germany: 0-2
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            Italy-France 1-0 (malheureusement)
                            Germany-Portugal 2-0
                            If we lose to France AGAIN it will be the end of the world here
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Italy-France 1:2
                              Germany-Portugal 2-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                                If we lose to France AGAIN it will be the end of the world here
                                I expect your boys have the quality and consistency to prevail, even though I want my hero Henry to win it. France have the quality, but not the consistency. Italy have played much of the best football in the tournament so far, and it's good for Italian football in its dark hour that Lippi is encouraging adventure and creativity.

If Zidane and Henry and Vieira all have good games, France might shade it, but I'm not expecting them all to be firing.

Comment

Working...
                                X