No announcement yet.

World Cup prediction thread - Knockout Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Larsson had to miss that penalty to ruin my exact score prediction...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Same here Solver.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: World Cup prediction thread - Knockout Phase

Damn!

Argentina vs Mexico 2-0

Sunday, 25 June 2006
        England vs Ecuador 2-0
        Netherlands vs Portugal 1-1 (Netherlands win on penalties)

Monday, 26 June 2006
        Italy vs Australia 2-1
        Switzerland vs Ukraine 1-0

Tuesday, 27 June 2006
        Brazil vs Ghana 3-0
        Spain vs France 1-0
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Funny how many people here predicted Argentina 3-0 Mexico. We shall see!
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Fvck. Do I get extra score if I predicted the right advance in goals? IE we have 2 goals more than they do?

Comment

argentina - mexico: 2 - 0
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Well, 3-0 is already wrong
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

My 1-0 score was wrong when Mexico scored...

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Germany 1 - 0 Argentina

Comment

Holy moly. I predicted both of today's matches correctly. Don't know what's the matter with me today.

Comment

You copied from the rest of us?
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Results.

Germany 2 - 0 Sweden
                          Argentina 1 - 1 Mexico

Victor, I've corrected your score.
                          Attached Files
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yay! Thanks. Between that and a good prediction of the Deutschland-Sweden game, I might claw my way back towards the top yet! (Of course now that I've said this I will lose most horribly.)
                            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Yay. I'm 27th!
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

did i mention that i put my first day scores against the wrong games...
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X