No announcement yet.

World Cup prediction thread - Knockout Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone should really have told the Dutch and Portugese players that the objective of the game is to score more goals than the other team not accumulate more yellow and red cards than them

On the bright side, this makes things easier for England
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
      On the bright side, this makes things easier for England
      No Deco, no Costinha, and an aging team that will tire in extra time. Looks good for England, only problem is that Rooney will have to keep passing the ball to himself up front.
      Attached Files
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

At the end I found myself really wanting the Dutch to score so that both teams would have an additional 30 mins to get more yellow cards in. At the rate they were going at the end, there's a good chance the game would have stopped before additional time ran out

But anyway... England-Portugal! Revenge for 2004, or cruel joke played on England fans fate? We'd better not lose after having a perfectly good goal disallowed again, or I'm going to be really pissed off.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Whoever wins, they are going out to Spain in the semis. I assume Spain will beat Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            Whoever wins, they are going out to Spain in the semis. I assume Spain will beat Brazil.
            Yeah, but revenge for 2004
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

It has come to me in a dream:

England will beat Portugal, the team that eliminated them in 2004, in the quarter-finals. Then England will beat Brazil, the team that eliminated them in 2002, in the semis. Then they will face their arch-rivals Germany in the final. Such a vision is too beautifully elegant to be wrong

edit: and yes, I did just get out of bed to post this.
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Italy vs. Australia 2-0
                Switzerland vs. Ukraine 0 - 1
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Woohoo, my first (real) correct prediction, how ironic, it should be in the Hollad vs Portugal game.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

edit: and yes, I did just get out of bed to post this.

Should have stayed in and enjoy it while it lasted.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Victor, that is possible, and it's only rightful you didn't predict any result for that final.

Comment

When is Alva going to play his games in hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                          Victor, that is possible, and it's only rightful you didn't predict any result for that final.
                          '

Indeed, I imagine I would not want to be in Berlin for that one.

In other news, Figo will be playing in the England match.

Fortunately, Scholari assures us that Figo is not in fact Jesus.

However, Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari defended Figo.

He said: "Jesus said we should turn the other cheek, unfortunately, Figo is not Jesus Christ."
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Boring. 0-0. :snooze:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tuesday, 27 June 2006
                              Brazil vs Ghana 2:0
                              Spain vs France 3:0

Comment

Brazil vs. Ghana 4:0
                                Spain vs. France 2:0
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X