This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siron

I thought thats the game Lawrance has talked about. Check out 7:40 in the video for DeRossi's assault. The swiss referee Urs Meier (commentator on ZDF) referred to that foul after the USA-Italy match. He also said directly after the Swiss-Italy match that DeRossi shouldnt be allowed to participate in the WC. Well, he was prolly right.
    Uhm, I saw a lot of assaults, not just De Rossi's. I wouldn't exactly state that the Swiss were innocent victims.
    Last edited by Colon™; June 24, 2006, 10:59.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Damn... the Germans are all over Sweden. Klose opening up the defense for Podolski to score 2. The second goal was a thing of beauty for Klose.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Where is the swedish defense? They look like rank amateurs!
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Germany looks a bit hot...

Comment

• Originally posted by siron
            You can barely call the qualified nations the top FOURTEEN. There are several groups in Europe...and there are often so called death groups.
            Well that's UEFA's fault isn't it? 14 is enough spots for Europe. If the top 14 didn't get through, UEFA is to blame for that, not having too few spots.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• WTF?! Lucic gets sent off for 2 yellows, neither foul which deserved a yellow.

Comment

• Another referee is "the man of the match". Absolutely ridiculous! It's not even worth watching any more.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• DEUTSCHLAND! DEUTSCHLAND! DEUTSCHLAND!
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Germany have been excellent. They don't need the ref playing for them as well - that sending off was a scandal.

Comment

• I dont like this habit of stopping the game cos a player is down. Once the ball goes out or if there is a foul OK, but I've seen a few examples of the ref stopping the game while a team is moving forward. My favorite ref was a Rumanian in a previous wc who refused to stop the game if he thought the player was faking. He'd just wave for them to get up and carry on.
                      Last edited by SpencerH; June 24, 2006, 12:52.

Comment

• What a nightmare game, I won't blame the referee we lost because we played badly. I do hope that was his last game in this tournament though, to many strange decisions. Isaksson got to show what a good player he is.
                        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• I laid down on the couch to start to watch the game, fell asleep for 15 minutes and the scoring is over.

Oh my local ABC affiliate, is showing the church shows again tomorrow. I can watch the England - Ecuador game at 1230 AM sSunday night if I want.

When the Mormon church genreal conference would interupt NFL games in Utah, they simply fed the games to a local independent station.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

They are, by four teams it looks like.

ACK!
                            Agreed.
                            Next time, we'll have a WC with only 16 teams, ten of which are European.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

hmmm-- I am quite comfortable with the current numbers from each region.
                              If you had read my whole post you'd have seen that this is also my position. Or almost. Actually I'd be OK to have 1 slot less for each North America and Asia, 1 of them being played out between an Asian and an North American the other between an African and a European one.
                              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• 2 - 0

Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X