Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should India have a Hindu "Law of Return" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Should India have a Hindu "Law of Return" ?

Originally posted by LordShiva

Wow. I have several Parsee friends. If you walked up to them and told them that India isn't their home, that Persia is their "real" home, you probably wouldn't have any teeth left.
    That is not what I meant , you know . My point was that their coming to India would have been unnecessary had the Muslim conquerors of Persia not been so bloodthirsty for infidel blood . The Parsees , and any other community who have made India their home , are free to live here , and are welcome , but in the ideal scenario ( ideal for them , that is ) , they would never have been forced to come here in the first place .

Originally posted by LordShiva

Wow. So if you've grown up in a country, if your parents, grand-parents, great-grandparents, etc. etc. have gown up in that country too, yet if you follow a religion followed by the majority of people in another country, that other country, even if you've never been there before or have no ancestors from there, becomes your "home country?" Wow.
    Let me put it another way - it is a country to which , if you want your religious culture practiced , you can go .

Comment

Az has no clue

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Should India have a Hindu "Law of Return" ?

Originally posted by Lorizael
        If you take out the Arsenal supporting part, this is spot on for my dad.
        Same here

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should India have a Hindu "Law of Return" ?

Originally posted by aneeshm

The Parsees , and any other community who have made India their home , are free to live here , and are welcome , but in the ideal scenario ( ideal for them , that is ) , they would never have been forced to come here in the first place .
          India for the Africans... or Asians... or Caucasians... or Dalmatians....

An Ancient Link to Africa Lives on in Bay of Bengal

Inhabitants of the Andaman Islands, a remote archipelago east of India, are direct descendants of the first modern humans to have inhabited Asia, geneticists conclude in a new study.
          An overview of human evolution, summarizing current thinking and describing the fossil evidence for Australopithecus and Homo. Also refutes many creationist arguments about human evolution.

Everybody came from some place else:

Thus today's genetic patterns, the researchers explained, vividly reflect a historic event, or events, that occurred 3,000 or 4,000 years ago. The gene patterns "are consistent with a historical scenario in which invading Caucasoids -- primarily males -- established the caste system and occupied the highest positions, placing the indigenous population, who were more similar to Asians, in lower caste positions.''

The researchers, from the University of Utah and Andhra Pradesh University in India, used two sets of genes in their analyses.

One set, from the mitochondria, are only passed maternally and can be used to track female inheritance. The other, on the male-determining Y chromosome, can only be passed along paternally and thus track male inheritance.

The data imply, then, "that there was a group of males with European affinities who were largely responsible for this invasion 3,000 or 4,000 years ago,'' said geneticist Lynn Jorde of the University of Utah.

If women had accompanied the invaders, he said, the evidence should be seen in the mitochondrial genes, but it is not evident.

According to geneticist Douglas Wallace of Emory University in Atlanta, the work reported by Jorde and his colleagues "is very interesting, and is certainly worth further study.''

Along with Jorde, the research team included Michael Bamshad, W.S. Watkins and M.E. Dixon from Utah and B.B. Rao, B.V.R. Prasad and J.M. Naidu, from Andhra Pradesh University.

UPWARDLY MOBILE WOMEN

By studying both sets of genetic markers, the research team found clear evidence echoing what is still seen socially, that women can be upwardly mobile, in terms of caste, if they marry higher-caste men. In contrast, men generally do not move higher, because women rarely marry men from lower castes, the researchers said.

"Our expectations in this natural experiment are borne out when we look at the genes," said Jorde. "It's one of the few cases where we know the mating situation in a population for 150 generations. So it's kind of a test for how well the genes reflect a population's history."

The ancient story holds that invaders known as Indo-Europeans, or true Aryans, came from Eastern Europe or western Asia and conquered the Indian subcontinent. The people they subdued descended from the original inhabitants who had arrived far earlier from Africa and from other parts of Asia.

During the genetic studies, in 1996 and 1997, researchers took blood samples from hundreds of people in southern India. The analyses compared the genes from 316 caste members and 330 members of tribal populations, looking for signs of Asian, European and African ancestry.

In the mitochondrial genes passed along by females, Jorde said, they could see the clear background of Asian genes. "All of the caste groups were similar to Asians, the underlying population" that had originally been subdued.

But, he added, "when we look at the Y chromosome DNA, we see a very different pattern. The lower castes are most similar to Asians, and the upper castes are more European than Asian."

Further, "when we look at the different components within the upper caste, the group with the greatest European similarity of all is the warrior class, the Kshatriya, who are still at the top of the Hindu castes, with the Brahmins," Jorde said.
          India’s caste system is perhaps the world’s longest surviving social hierarchy. A defining feature of Hinduism, caste encompasses a complex ordering of social groups on the basis of ritual purity.

My point was that their coming to India would have been unnecessary had the Muslim conquerors of Persia not been so bloodthirsty for infidel blood .

This shows that your knowledge of Islamic and Iranian history and the reasons for the emigration of various Parsee communities is flawed.

The Zoroastrians were regarded as 'peoples of the book' or dhimmis, by the forces of the Caliphate. You'll also find that by the time of the Sassanid Empire, the national Zoroastrian religion had become rather intolerant of the various other faiths of the Sassanid Empire with the exception of Nestorian Christianity, a sect of Christianity considered heretical and therefore outlawed by the Christianized Roman Empire:

While the official religion of Sassanid Persia was Zoroastrianism, there was also a Christian community, whose line of Patriarchs "of the East" continues to the present, and refugee pagans were accepted from the increasing intolerance of Christian Rome. Most noteworthy in that respect were the last Scholarch of Plato's Academy, Damascius, and his colleague Simplicius, who fled after the Emperor Justinian closed the Academy in 529. While Romans found some religious toleration under the Sassanids, the founder of another religion did not. This was Mani, the founder of Manicheanism, who claimed to be both Christ and the Buddha, and was crucified, either under Hormizd I or slightly later, as shown. Mani preached a Zoroastrian conflict between good and evil, but then (like the Gnostics) regarded matter as evil. Served by a celibate and vegetarian priesthood, Manicheanism spread both East and West.
          Attached Files
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Should India have a Hindu "Law of Return" ?

Originally posted by Lorizael

If you take out the Arsenal supporting part, this is spot on for my dad.
            I AM YOUR DAD!

edit: well, I would marry her, if I had a chance now.... *tear**grumble*
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Can you imagine an Ashkenazi Jew marrying an Irish Catholic ?

The dietary problems would prove insuperable.

Carbohydrate and fat hell....

More fat with your potatoes, darling ?
              Attached Files
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Mein Liver!
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

That proves all. Az is one of those blue machine gun soldiers from Wolfenstein 3D.

Comment

Az:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                    X