Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should India have a Hindu "Law of Return" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should India have a Hindu "Law of Return" ?

Israel has a law of return , to the effect that any Jew , anywhere in the world , can , if he so wish , return to Israel . Should India , the world's only culturally Hindu state , have a similar law ? I speak this because Hindus are treated horribly in Muslim countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh , where they were once a sizeable percentage of the population , but whose number is now steadily decreasing due to organised state oppression against them , and pogroms where many Hindus were killed , such as the one that followed the Babri Masjid demolition , or that followed the Bombay blast riots .

I ask again - should India , the only state where Hindus can find a natural home , and also enjoy the benefits of a liberal democracy and fundamental human rights , have a Law of Return ?

Ya'll want MORE people?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Ya'll want MORE people?

-Arrian
      What he said.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Hey, the more people over there, the sooner some bloody war will start and we keep get our jobs back.

It would make for some great téévéé.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

India has the capacity to support many more .

Comment

Soilent Green is made of cow!!!!!!!!11
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Maybe, but don't expect it to solve anything in the long term. Self-segregation is only a stopgap measure. It'll get all your people in one convenient lump to be hated by the outside world from a distance. Tolerance is only achieved by people learning to live together, and that won't happen as long as you set yourselves apart. That will keep you more or less safe for the time being, but you can't stay on a reservation forever, can you?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                Maybe, but don't expect it to solve anything in the long term. Self-segregation is only a stopgap measure. It'll get all your people in one convenient lump to be hated by the outside world from a distance. Tolerance is only achieved by people learning to live together, and that won't happen as long as you set yourselves apart. That will keep you more or less safe for the time being, but you can't stay on a reservation forever, can you?
                I genuinely did not understand this comment ( specially the parts about self-segregation ) . Could you please elaborate further ? There is no problem which is to be solved by this measure .

Comment

If there's no problem to be solved, then the government shouldn't be makin' no laws. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    If there's no problem to be solved, then the government shouldn't be makin' no laws. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                    It's a matter of principle .

Comment

I think that such a thing might be reasonable.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                        It's a matter of principle .
                        Currently, under what conditions are Hindus not allowed to enter India?
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Maybe if they eat cow and turn Muslim? Oh, and bomb Indian embassies?
                          B♭3

Comment

What will we do with all our vacant quickie marts?
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                              I genuinely did not understand this comment ( specially the parts about self-segregation ) . Could you please elaborate further ? There is no problem which is to be solved by this measure .
                              I mean that, while it builds self-esteem and provides security to have a solid community based around one aspect or another of your ethnic group, it also isolates you. I'm guessing that the people who hate Hindus, or any other ethnic group for that matter, probably hate them for one or more of the following reasons:

A. An ancient grudge concerning the theft of their ancestors' livestock by the hated group's ancestors, or something equally stupid and trivial that's been grown into a massive blood feud by the passing of time.

B. Ideological disagreements causing practical conflicts, e.g. if Hindus were attacking Muslims for killing cows or something like that.

C. Ideological disagreements causing conflicts based on pure hatred and fear, like if Muslims considered Hindus to be filth because they didn't practice the right ritual ablution ceremonies.

D. Economic competition, as in the U.S. where we don't get along with the Mexicans because they'll work cheaper than we will.

And there are probably others I'm forgetting, but all of these are caused or exacerbated by the habit of thinking of people as Hindu or Muslim first and people second. Coexistence, painful as it is sometimes, may force people to think of each other as neighbors, even if they're bad neighbors, instead of reducing the other group to an abstracted menace or boogeyman. If all the Hindus were safely far away in India, the Muslim communities that persecuted them would be able to dehumanize them much more effectively and spread all sorts of wild stories about orgies and child sacrifices to statues or some other ignorant crap. Meanwhile the Hindus would be free to talk about the filthy Muslim barbarians who used to oppress them and so on. Unless the two groups spend the rest of history in their corners of the world and never leave them (which doesn't sound at all practical), conflict would be inevitable.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X