This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico is down 2-0 already!

Though a dodgy handball called, especially since that has not been called a penalty in prior games.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 2-1.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Looks like this could be a fun match. Mexico has to get a point today to move on. Or if they lose and Angola wins, ANGOLA is through to the next round!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Mexico is down 2-0 already!

Though a dodgy handball called, especially since that has not been called a penalty in prior games.
          Dodgy?

He's in the sixteen and made a move with his hand to the ball and hit it. What's dodgy about that?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Well the commentators were saying that it was really quick and even on replay they couldn't determine if it was intended or not.

Comment

• Was pretty obvious to me to be honest ( not in real time but on the replay. Well I'm not watching anyway).
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• Ask "The Sun" commentators... then again, just because they are British doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

Comment

• New thread

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                    Hmm, he's English, he's nick is reds4ever, the location text says "spion kop", England are playing bad but are through to the second round where they will encounter as lesser opponent and he posted about a 400 times in this thread alone.
                    Not a 100% sure, but imo, there's one two clues there...

Not exactly Sherlock Holmes, are you?
                    Alva -- learn to read before you get all condescending

All those things you cite are reasons exactly WHY I thought "gutted " implied being extremely pleased. Its not a phrase that I have ever heard used in the way it was used. It turned out that that was exactly what he meant, even though sarcasm was used to convey it.

So my Holmsian abilities were just fine thanks-- My only failure was in not being familiar with the phrase "gutted".

Now can we get back to the World Cup? Does anyone think that Angola can score enough on Iran to advance with a Mexico loss to Portugal? Do you think Portugal will play a top side hoping to finish first and get the second place group C team-- Currently Argentina would probably be favored to finish atop group C (they get first if they draw with Netherlands) but Netherlands is no slouch either.
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      even on replay they couldn't determine if it was intended or not.
                      Then they're either blind, extremely biased or complete morons.

Edit: considering they work for The Sun probably all three
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Dude, relax, was just having a bit of fun. That's what these threads are all about.

Comment

• over 500... next case!

(or maybe you could just continue in one of the other many threads )
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X