Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sure we were going out, Ljungberg scoring with a header. Is this bizarro world?
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
      It does worry me why Defoe isn't there as an option. We're a bit thin on the ground up front (except the Liverpool lads), either Defoe or Bent should have gone instead of Walcott.
      Well Rooney is from Liverpool.....

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york

Well Rooney is from Liverpool.....

I was gonna say - do we have Morientes on the bench?

So he means actual scousers - Owen & Rooney, as well Crouch who plays for Liverpool FC.

Comment

dp

Comment

Hey chaps, the "Liverpool" comment was just a joke (given that we had to score both tonight).

I'm genuinely concerned with a lack of out and out strikers in the squad, as soon as Owen goes off we look very thin on the ground. don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
              I was sure we were going out, Ljungberg scoring with a header. Is this bizarro world?
              Damn right it is. Freddie couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo for us* all season, and he nearly got two in two minutes tonight.

*Arsenal

Comment

But Owen's from near Chester - I know that most of North Wales qualifies as "Outer Merseyside", but he isn't a Scouser (unlike me ).

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                  Hey chaps, the "Liverpool" comment was just a joke (given that we had to score both tonight).

I'm genuinely concerned with a lack of out and out strikers in the squad, as soon as Owen goes off we look very thin on the ground. don't you think?
                  I'm all to admit it, but I'm a bit worried about Theo too. However, Bent is the sort of average striker that England have got nowhere with in the past, and Defoe is ... well, not even on his own best form.

Wenger might cop a lot a flak if Walcott comes home unused, especially as he wouldn't play Theo himself, but it would have been better to have left out someone like Jenas and to make room for a Bent or a Defoe. Theo will gain valuable international experiance by being part of the set up. Great players of the past have come to WC finals as kids but not played, then gone on to great things in the future.

Comment

Talking about Henry then? Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Great players of the past have come to WC finals as kids but not played, then gone on to great things in the future.
                      We can't afford that luxury unfortuneatly, we already had a crock and a "maybe" up front.....Theo was one too many IMHO.

Comment

But if Walcott never plays, then why not just invite him to every training session, and then sit him in the stands for the matches? Or give him a job as twelfth man, to give the players water bottles as required. Why actually pick him in the squad unless he's going to be used?

I'm well aware that England have only played two games so far, but then Walcott hasn't even been sent to warm up yet. But South Korea vont pwner la France et la Suisse!

Comment

But Owen's from near Chester - I know that most of North Wales qualifies as "Outer Merseyside", but he isn't a Scouser (unlike me ).
                          Who is you support again, Duke? Your posts aren't nearly parochial enough.

Comment

But if Walcott never plays, then why not just invite him to every training session, and then sit him in the stands for the matches? Or give him a job as twelfth man, to give the players water bottles as required. Why actually pick him in the squad unless he's going to be used?

I'm well aware that England have only played two games so far, but then Walcott hasn't even been sent to warm up yet. But South Korea vont pwner la France et la Suisse!
                            I don't think non-squad players are allowed to train with the squad, and being a boot-cleaner isn't the same as mixing it in training with Terry and Rooney.

What's the Korea thing about, anyway? Do you really rate them, or did you just like their impression of a team that bought the officials in the last WC?

Comment

To me, Walcott shouldn't be there. He can be "blooded" in the next Euros, he'll still be under 20 then so whats the rush?

We need another decent stiker NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                                Nice - I found streaming audio commentary so I can listen to the games at work.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260665,00.html
                                Awesome.

Now I can watch the TV, mute the Spanish commentary, and put on the English audio.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X