No announcement yet.

Why Do Christians Condemn Alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some, like many SDAs, think that alcohol is a sin period. I find myself more in the having a little drink isn't a problem, but that alcohol often leads to problems and it is safer to abstain.

JM
    (was drunk often for a few years...)
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
      Yep that had to be it.

This more than any other reason. It was common knowledge that union sympathizers were devout satanists afterall.
      Ever see Matawan? Many, if not most, evangelical preachers taught that unions were evil and doing the Dark Lord's work here on Earth. Catholicism was completely opposed to it (though not necessarily Catholics themselves), until they got the bright idea to create Catholic unions.

But kudos for you for ignoring the first part of my post, which I put first for a reason, and attacking my aside as my main point. You have an excellent career ahead of you as a GOP attack dog.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Puhlease. Your inital point was fine and I agree with it. The selected quote I drew out was to show that you are pulling a Mr. Fun wherein his world everything is about teh gays and in yours everything is about exploitation of the workers.

It aint always so.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Re: Re: Why Do Christians Condemn Alcohol?

Originally posted by Dry
          You are supposed to be slave, addict to the Lord and nobody or nothing else.
          From our favorite metaphysicists, Cheech and Chong:

I used to be al all f***ed up on drugs.

Then I found the Lord.

Now, I'm all f***ed up on the Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            funny, I acredit the existance of alcohol to christian monks.
            Mmm, Belgian trappist breweries.

Comment

Working...
            X