Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
    Quebec pwns j00
    It's hilarious that the franchise won the Stanley Cup right after they moved to Colorado

further proof that Quebec sux

the city was holding them back
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• ^ Conveniently ignoring the Habs.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I didn't read the whole thread, but what's the reason for this?

Is this some feminist thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
          ^ Conveniently ignoring the Habs.
          who haven't won jack**** since 1993

and really, when was the last time they won a Stanley Cup without Patrick Roy?

hmmm... not even in my lifetime... 1979

oh yeah, the Canadiens have won so many Stanley Cups, they rock!

bull****, they won almost half their Stanley Cups when the league had only 6 teams... funny how after serious expansion, and the inclusion of the WHA, they go from hot sh1t to cold diarrhea

so stfu noob
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                You keep claiming you don't care, but what you're really doing is whining because an antiquated custom has been banned.

No, what I'm whining about is that the Quebec government is unnecessarily restricting my freedom, your freedom and everybody else's freedom to be referred to by whatever ****ing name we feel like on official documents.

It's yet another of the big brother laws that Quebec is so fond of. **** Quebec.
                They just don't want people to change names for frivolous reasons, and thus they make it harder. Then they thought that there is no objective reason for a woman to change her name when she marries, outside of religious custom. So they put that in the basket of frivolous reasons too. BIG DEAL QUEBEC SUCKS!!!
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• I didn't read the whole thread, but what's the reason for this?

Is this some feminist thing?
                  Yes. KrazyHorse's wife isn't free to change her surname because the state of Quebec thought forbidding it was feminist and progressive in the 1970s or something. What's hilarious is that fakeboris is seriously defending this.

Comment

aw... come on... you are supposed to bite my troll and tell me that Guy LaFleur r0x0rz my b0x0rz
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      It's the difference between common law and civil law. In common law, name changes are basically at will. In civil law, name changes are at the discretion of the civil authority. Quebec happens to be a jurisdiction where the civil authority takes such a dim view of name changes that they make the hurdles ridiculously high.
                      Sorry but this is NOT a civil/common law thing. It appears that every province has a form of name change statute which codifies the rules including the one that person may be known by their spouse's surname. But it is statutory codified law, and not something taht is currently pursuant to judge made law (although it is very likely that the practice did predate the legislation)
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Sorry but this is NOT a civil/common law thing. It appears that every province has a form of name change statute which codifies the rules including the one that person may be known by their spouse's surname. But it is statutory codified law, and not something taht is currently pursuant to judge made law (although it is very likely that the practice did predate the legislation)
                        I'm not saying that there is no statutory law governing name changes in common law jurisdictions. I'm saying that in general, in civil law jurisdictions, name changes are not at will, probably because in common law jurisdictions prior to legislation of name change rules the judges took a common sense approach to name changes rather than a regulatory approach, and that this carried over once legislation was enacted. In civil law jurisdictions there was no such common sense tradition on the topic.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          Famous lesbian.

Eh? Karla Homolka's disqualified from lesbianship on account of having sex with men.
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            On a related note, I find it humorous that the Bank of Montreal is headquartered in Toronto.
                            While Montreal is a lovely town, its Toronto that's heart of the Empire of Toronto.

...or Canada as some people insist on calling it.

Originally posted by St. Leo
                            Eh? Karla Homolka's disqualified from lesbianship on account of having sex with men.
                            Well....not exactly.
                            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• Starchild spotting!
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X