Is this chicken still good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this chicken still good?

I defrosted some chicken in my fridge and then I forgot about it for a week and a half. I notice it has a slightly off smell to it but it isn't to strong. I washed it off and decided to use it in some chicken chili which would be heavily spiced so as to hide any spoiled taste. I plan on cooking it for a good long time to make sure any little critters meet a nasty end in the boiling water but I still have a bit of concern over this.

Do you think this chicken is still good or should I toss it out?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Week and a half??? Toss it mate.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yeah, I'd toss it.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Stinking old meat and you want to eat it?

has the heat got to you, Oerdin?

Comment

Chicken is never good to eat.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I agree with alva.

Although I have to say that a year ago we had a meat scandal here in germany, where year old meat was traded to supermarkets and doener-snackbars an d got eaten by the people and AFAIK nobody died from eating it.
            So you´d probably have a good chance to survive the chicken-chili. But better don´t try your luck
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Eat it, you'll only grow stronger and live longer.
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

If the smell isn't that bad, you should be fine. Start cooking it with just oil and salt; if the smell worsens, throw it away. If it stays the same or improve, go on with your recipe.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                  Eat it, you'll only grow stronger and live longer.
                  Good response. Would you like to come over to my place for some chicken chili? I need a suckers... er... a friend to tell me how it tastes.

Comment

Another question. If the meat is thoroughly cooked would it still be a health danger (assuming it's off) or would it just taste bad?

Comment

Over a week in a fridge and the taste ain't the only thing which gets spoiled. No matter how long you'll boil or burn it, you'll be playing with your health if you eat it. Considering you're middle-class, the obvious choice is to dump it; if you want to make chicken chili buy a new chicken.

Comment

Play the e-coli/salmonella poker game and see.

If you still have the guts for it that is...
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Good response. Would you like to come over to my place for some chicken chili? I need a suckers... er... a friend to tell me how it tastes.
                          Sure, any food with chili is worth a try. The less sweet and more hot the better. who cares if its fatal as long as it has enough chili in it.

Um...by the way could you spare me a buck or two for the plane tickets from Finland?

- Paul Valery

Comment

And the advice I gave you was that of a piss poor student; if you can afford to throw it away, why don't you do it?
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Oh come on guys, a dead, defrosted chicken never killed anyone.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                              X